By Anonymous - 20/01/2011 19:34 - United States

Today, I was shopping at Walmart, when a large lady and her friend blocked the aisle I was trying to go down. After saying, "Excuse me," twice and being ignored, I pushed my way through. After getting past, I looked back and noticed she was glaring at me while signing to her friend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 158
You deserved it 13 360

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just because they're deaf doesn't mean they need to block the damn aisle. I don't know how they expected you to guess they couldn't hear you.

Acousticpixie14 6

I'm torn between pitying you and being angry with you. People in grocery stores are so rude. I'm 9 months pregnant and was getting the last few things I need before my son gets here. Well the Target in my town made their aisles more narrow so I just barely fit through alone. Well some lady sat and just stared at me for a while and made me really uncomfortable and then just walked right up close to me, causing me to back away. She did this until I'd backed out of the aisle almost completely and then shoved me out of the way. Seriously? Who shoves a pregnant lady? On the other hand...you could have tried to tap her on the shoulder or backed out of the aisle and gone down the next one. There's always a way to maneuver around people. I do think it was rude of her to be glaring at you. If I were deaf, I'd understand that you probably assumed she heard you. But who knows? Maybe she was just having a bad day and took it out by glaring at you. She could have done worse.

Comments

Just because they're deaf doesn't mean they need to block the damn aisle. I don't know how they expected you to guess they couldn't hear you.

Excuse me, I have deaf parents, and they don't always realize they're blocking aisles, just like regular people. It's not their fault that they can't hear you say excuse me, and they SHOULDN'T have to think for other people.

It's neither your fault that she's deaf, nor that she's fat. If her massive, bloated body blocks the way of people around her, it's her to blame. But well, maybe they could introduce those armlets blind people have to wear for deaf ones, too. Maybe then you would have just tapped her instead of shoving her... But oh well, don't feel bad about yourself.

manasstalker 7

I'm sorry but I would have done the same thing, I'm not psychic. And if she knew she couldn't hear then she needs to pay attention or they should have stayed on one side of the isle so they wouldn't have to. It's not like they were the only people in the store.

YDI, tapping them on the shoulder's a good idea...

WaylonD 4

Man, what a prick! I hope they gave you the international finger sign jackass!

hcovballer247 0
danielforman 0