By Anonymous - 20/01/2011 19:34 - United States

Today, I was shopping at Walmart, when a large lady and her friend blocked the aisle I was trying to go down. After saying, "Excuse me," twice and being ignored, I pushed my way through. After getting past, I looked back and noticed she was glaring at me while signing to her friend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 158
You deserved it 13 360

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just because they're deaf doesn't mean they need to block the damn aisle. I don't know how they expected you to guess they couldn't hear you.

Acousticpixie14 6

I'm torn between pitying you and being angry with you. People in grocery stores are so rude. I'm 9 months pregnant and was getting the last few things I need before my son gets here. Well the Target in my town made their aisles more narrow so I just barely fit through alone. Well some lady sat and just stared at me for a while and made me really uncomfortable and then just walked right up close to me, causing me to back away. She did this until I'd backed out of the aisle almost completely and then shoved me out of the way. Seriously? Who shoves a pregnant lady? On the other hand...you could have tried to tap her on the shoulder or backed out of the aisle and gone down the next one. There's always a way to maneuver around people. I do think it was rude of her to be glaring at you. If I were deaf, I'd understand that you probably assumed she heard you. But who knows? Maybe she was just having a bad day and took it out by glaring at you. She could have done worse.

Comments

sydneyhaha 4

When someone is in an isle I want to go in, I just skip it and wait. But then again I'm pretty shy if it's not on the Internet.

Ninjasaurus18 9

How the hell were you supposed to know they were deaf? I would have done the same thing. People are bitches.

toughchick14 15

Omg I am learning sign language!

btracy619 23

Okay, they were deaf. Big deal. The thing people need to understand is that it isn't an excuse for being rude. People need to pay attention to what is going on around them so that even if they can hear an "Excuse me" it doesn't need to be said. Fact.

It's not your fault , you had no idea

Don't worry op you didn't know and they shouldn't have been blocking the isle. Not to encourage doing that all the time but again you didn't know she was deaf.

doglover100 28

If two people are signing quickly walk through. It's fine, we can still maintain eye contact.

sadly the OP probably didn't see her signing at first or anything else to give off a hint that she was deaf. I've been ignored too when saying excuse me multiple times to people who could hear just fine. and you know what I did? pushed through them. OP probably thought that lady was just being a dick. Fyl.

diyos 15

Her fault, you tried to be nice and they just ignored you, besides if she sighed it's her problem since she doesn't like being "large" she should do something about it

Signed, not sighed. Woman and her friend are likely deaf and couldn't hear her; big difference between ignoring an "excuse me" and being unable to hear it. It is rude, tho, for people to block the aisle, so that part of it's on them.