By Anonymous - 27/09/2010 13:17 - Australia

Today, I was playing with my dog, teasing her, to cheer myself up after being dumped by my girlfriend. My dog bit me hard and I had to go to hospital. The dog has to be put down. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 760
You deserved it 10 999

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Learn some ******* reading comprehension idiot. Teasing a dog is normal play, though sometimes they're just not in the mood and they snap. Clearly, the dog snapped and the OP had to go to the hospital for stitches. I really doubt they went around town telling everyone their dog viciously attacked them.

If an animal attacks someone, depending on the circumstances and the area, some laws require the animal to be put down. It could have been ordered by the law to happen. :/

Comments

nooooooo don't kill your dog!!!!:(:(:(:(

It has to be put down? For defending itself against your miserable ass? Change it to 'Today, I antagonized my dog so much that I was bitten. Now I've decided to murder it' **** you bitch!

Hi, news flash- humans are also animals. Idiot.

RedPillSucks 31

Humans suck too. And sometimes they blow.

foofighterfan 0

hope someone eats your face off

U need to shut the **** up and stop ******* hating on animals!!

Master_Of_Sand 0
r0ck_this 0

great job. this is another example of awesome human ignorance. laws are strict on having unsocialized canines in some parts - if you go to the hospital with a dog bite, no matter WHAT caused it, the law will enforce the rule of euthanizing the dog to eliminate a potential threat. hope that makes you feel better, dickface. next time try petting the dog to feel better instead of teasing it? probably why you lost your girlfriend too. (: YDI, and F the rest of your dog's L.

lovelove24 1

Newsflah: she meant she was playing with her dog. Teasing your pet in fun isn't abuse, it is being playful. the dog probably was not in the mood for it and bit. it is not op's fault, she was playing around with her dog and it might have gotten a little rough. try to learn the difference between playing and animal abuse. gee

lol you're a bitch, and looking at your profile you realize it too. OP isn't to blame. he/she is saddened at the fact that the dog has to be put down. wouldn't that also imply that he/she wouldn't be "teasing" the dog to begin with?

Ummmm, lie to save your pet? Simple solution, otherwise I agree.

Teasing her to cheer yourself up? Sadist much?

roydawgg 3

if it's your parents than sadly yes your dogs dying but If you live on your own than you didn't have to tell them it was a dogbite coulda just said you got caught in something

No, it doesn't. Your dog, your responsibility. Don't kill it because YOU did the wrong thing. If it bit you, there are leadership and/or aggression issues you need to work on. Killing it is simply taking the easy road out and ending an innocent dog's life. If it's already been put down, shame on you. You get no sympathy from me. Dogs only ever bite for a reason. ETA: I withdraw some of what I said if it was required by law. But either way, if your dog was aggressive, that should have been something you addressed.

The vet I take my dog to told me that if he bites anyone again, he needs to be put down. We don't know if this was the first time the dog bit OP. I'm not sure if they need to be put down after the first bite, or not... but I'm sure that after several times, it does. If there are aggression issues, obviously OP is doing something wrong.

True. But laws still vary depending on where you are. Anyway, I agree with what you've said about aggression. Regardless of whether the dog's already been put down or not, there were obviously issues within the pack that weren't addressed and need to be before the person gets another dog...if they ever do.

Also true. I wonder if OP 'teased the wrong way', for lack of a better phrase. If they feel threatened, they'll usually attack. Even when teasing, you need to assert that you're the alpha and they need to listen to you.

#31 you should withdraw your whole comment because the law says just about everything you said is wrong. it wouldn't be an fml if the dog didn't have to be put down

@ #54 How do you know? Did you specific look up the law for dog bites in Australia? Please do share your wealth of knowledge.

Australia does have stricter laws than pterosaur countries on this topic.