By mjohnston - 27/03/2009 14:47 - United States

Today, I was fired from a managerial position I've held for two years due to "inappropriate relations with a subordinate": I was dating a coworker. My girlfriend then broke up with me four hours later. Because I no longer had a job. I hired her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 581
You deserved it 13 674

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Now you know never to date a coworker, much less a subordinate. If you manage to find another job in this economy, think with your head, not your dick.

fired and dumped in the same day? that sucks man, and since she's the reason you got fired and she acted like that, then i say good riddance to you.

Comments

you totally deserved. Dating people you work with is a bad idea, but hiring someone your dating is an even worse idea.

theoldGP 0

btw it's gonna be hard to get a job after that.. you know how bad that sounds? what you got fired for? damn. your life is even more ****** up than i thought.

braFTW 0

I'd say she's screwing someone above you.. =P Sorry for the job part, congrats on the being apart from the girl part.

Obviously this was against the rules and I'm sure they had a policy where you had to inform your higher-ups if you were dating a coworker. You obviously didn't inform them, so you deserve it. Sorry, dude.

Did you hire her before she was your girlfriend or after? If you hired her before then its your own fault.

kellster 2

So, you either hired your girlfriend or started dating someone you had been the one to hire. Your story isn't clear about what happened first, but regardless, don't you think that was a stupid idea? Obviously the horrible person you were dating is trying to save her job here and not get lumped into the Stupid Decisions Team, although she was also clearly on it. You're better off, dude.

dude, learn how to use commas and periods...

U got uber screwed dont u know the saying think b4 u act. tsk tsk