Unexpected

By kalazoo21 - 25/08/2009 12:54 - United States

Today, I quit my job that my girlfriend and I worked together at. Fellow employees are not allowed to date one another and I said it would be ok if I was the one to leave. When I got home to her and told her that I quit, she decided to break up with me. I now have no job and no girlfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 220
You deserved it 12 789

Same thing different taste

Top comments

if she broke up with you because you sacrificed your job so she wouldn't get in trouble, she obviously wasn't a quality girlfriend to begin with

Giving up a job in this economic climate, YDI.

Comments

Jess_Love 0

that sucks for you.... ... should've just kept it a secret :P

Jazzywrites007 2

Exactly! And you should've known something was fishy when she was willing to "sacrifice" YOUR job!

tonyDlolli 0

Wasn't this exact same FML posted like a day ago?

Jaque_Aze 0

if she broke up with you because you sacrificed your job so she wouldn't get in trouble, she obviously wasn't a quality girlfriend to begin with

If you can afford to quit in the first place, her leaving you just makes it that much easier: No expensive dates, gifts, etc. That was predictable, though. It's like getting someone's name tattooed on your ass: You're just asking for the relationship to end.

Giving up a job in this economic climate, YDI.

Giving up a job for a woman you haven't been dating that long = ydi

Yeah, let's blame the economy for a guy getting dumped! I have a growlamp let's START THE REVOLUTION!

that's what i'm saying! everyone's like desperate for a job, and this guy's giving up for his relationship? YDI all the way. never base your decisions on some girl or some guy. you'll get screwed everytime.

chicagofireallez 0

some people are unbelievable. YDI for not reading a newspaper once in awhile. Do you realize how high the unemployment rate is right now? Meanwhile, I can't throw a bottle without hitting a decent looking woman here in Chicago, which is in the same state as you. Get your priorities straight.

you randomly throw bottles at women?? :-D

rid3snow4life 0

hahaha lmao ha i laughed so hard

Wow. Jobless and single. But seriously, places that don't allow employes to date each other, is dumb. What's the worst that could happen?

Whatevers_clever 0

Never leave a job for a bf/gf. Btw #8 I'm from Chicago too! High 5! lol

chicagofireallez 0
towell777 0
omgitsafly 0

i wish i were from Chicago :((( i went this summer and absolutely fell in love with the city.

djb23 0

man **** you thugbert, 847 FTW!

djb23 0

I'm joking man, you're entitled to your opinion. As far as Wrigley Field goes, I'm a sox fan so I'll just tell you that it's no coincidence that it's located in the heart of Boystown and leave it at that... and again, I'm sure there are other great cities out there but all I know is, nothing beats Chicago in the summer time.

Um, yeah. Don't ever take a job or quit a job for somebody else, unless it is in a serious relationship. (Ex: you are engaged to a guy and both of you plan to move to a new location.)

she was probably waiting until you quit so it wouldn't be awkward at work!