By mjohnston - 27/03/2009 14:47 - United States

Today, I was fired from a managerial position I've held for two years due to "inappropriate relations with a subordinate": I was dating a coworker. My girlfriend then broke up with me four hours later. Because I no longer had a job. I hired her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 581
You deserved it 13 674

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Now you know never to date a coworker, much less a subordinate. If you manage to find another job in this economy, think with your head, not your dick.

fired and dumped in the same day? that sucks man, and since she's the reason you got fired and she acted like that, then i say good riddance to you.

Comments

Brought it on yourself, even if that girl wasn't worth giving the time of day.

voice_of_reason 0

Did any of that surprise you? Do you think it wasn't fair? I don't get it. This is like, I drove my car into an underpass pillar to see what would happen. My car got totaled and I broke a few bones. WTF were you expecting to happen???

don't shit where you eat, so they say...

lizz1234 0

#10, it clearly says his girlfriend was the co-worker he got fired for dating.

She didn't even give you a chance to get a new job? Sounds like she is either really stupid or was looking for an excuse.

piderman13 0

why didn't she get fired too?? if she is dating a co-worker shouldn't she be fired?

It sounds like somebody filed a complaint of "quid pro quo" harassment against you. Look it up, or better yet get an attorney to look into it. Next, you may have a claim against your employer. The 300 character description here is limited, but you may have some sort of retaliation / unlawful termination sort of claim. Really, talk to an attorney who works in employment law. Laws vary depending on where you live... (Not a legal advice, not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV either) Your "girlfriend" sounds like somebody you do not want in your life, at all.

Ottawa_Sucks 0

She sounds like a bitch and you're an idiot.