By roadbikemama - 25/10/2009 18:42 - United States

Today, I was cooking. I leaned over the stove to preheat the oven, and burned my nipple on a pot of boiling water. I also have a teething son who is breastfeeding. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 262
You deserved it 11 130

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

You can't feed out of one breast for more than a day unless you express from the other one because the milk builds up and causes pressure & pain. Expressing through a burnt nipple might be just as painful as a suckling infant.

Shadow_vamp_503 2

OUCH! Poor you! :-( Anyone making silly comments about nudity in ones own home when there's no company is INSANE! Get your facts straight, because that would cause heaps of pain. Esp. with a teething child. Get better!

YDI... why were you nakedly cooking? thats disgusting unless you were about to boil some milk, you deserve it

fretforyerlatte 0

look, i know not everyone knows anything about breastfeeding, but if you've never done it, please stop making yourselves look like morons by spouting off this garbage about something you know nothing about. as the mammas have said, you can't just use one, the milk will build up in the other breast and be extremely painful, and can lead to an infection. pumping would help, but that would still hurt. another problem is that now all the feeding is left to this one breast, and the teething baby more than likely keeps chomping on it. she can't give it a break. i stopped breastfeeding my daughter once she got teeth, it was just too painful for me. but it IS recommended to continue longer, and props to any mom who is able to tough it out. it is not easy, but it's genuinely the best thing for your baby, so good for you!

Mhoover 0

Ow ow ow! Get something called soothies! They're cool silicone disks that you put over your nipple. They are about $15 a pair, but if you only use one at a time they'll last a week or two while the burn heals. Lots of air time and using soothies should help. I've never had much luck with pumping, but it may be a bit more gentle than the baby's newly adjusting latch! Hang in there and don't give up! Sorry there are so many asshats on here!

Sounds like a good time to wean the baby off breast milk.