By Anonymous - 18/04/2013 07:54 - United States - Chicago

Today, I tried to explain to my history teacher why Woodrow Wilson would not have called the Great War "World War 1" as she constantly claims. I was sent to the office for my insubordination. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 982
You deserved it 4 649

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sir_ND_Pity 35

How dare you correct your teacher, OP?! Don't you know they are ALWAYS right, even when they are wrong? Tsk tsk, you definitely deserved this! But, seriously, what a douche of a teacher.

Comments

Sir_ND_Pity 35

How dare you correct your teacher, OP?! Don't you know they are ALWAYS right, even when they are wrong? Tsk tsk, you definitely deserved this! But, seriously, what a douche of a teacher.

lincolnkite 6

That's why you keep your head low and go with the flow.

I learned that its best not to correct the teacher in high school. If you have to correct them, that means you already know the right answer, and it's not worth the potential conflict with the teacher. Let your classmates be in the dark, for all you care.

Bubbelz 25

I disagree. The teacher teaches a full class. Can't let her inject the others' brains with false information.

Teachers are never wrong, even when they are.

BellaBelle_fml 23

It warms my heart to see that another person my age knows that quote and who it originated with.

It it bad that I read it in his voice in my head?

Your age? Your profile says you're only 22. Yer jus' a whippersnipper yet!

#17. That's the second biggest FML I've seen this month.

shyeahh_fml 19

66 - I think he means he's glad that another young person knows the quote.

Dodge4x4Ram 46

I'm still struggling to figure out why this comment was actually posted.

#3 was simply acknowledging that fact that his life truly sucks by his inability to post a witty, relevant, or intelligent reply.

I hate teachers who can't accept when they are wrong. You went through three years of university to learn to teach...so why don't you enjoy TEACHING students things?

Three years? Here it's 4 years plus a masters which is 1-2 years and then passing a certification test.

Sir_ND_Pity 35

Wilson see if that is really the case!

rg350dx 29

These are Great! War-d you like to keep these up?

By George, this teacher is ridiculous! Andrew know this school made a mistake by hiring someone who's definitely Benedict to her students.

Sir_ND_Pity 35

13 - Not to Polk fun at the school, but Arthur more teachers to hire?

When it comes to good teachers, I think they have Jackson.

These puns are getting us to no man's land. I have Fourteen Points on why we shouldn't continue, but I think I'd rather just listen to Franz Ferdinand.

24- Have you no Common Sense? We must continue with the puns, Ford the future of America!

zombieslayer83 19

Let's make a new deal, because if these puns stop. I'll be greatly depressed.

Well I certainly wouldn't want you to have a Great Depression!

I guess I'll recant my last comment and not take away from the Central Powers of this thread. When it comes to comments of eloquent Vers, ailles am utterly intrigued.

zombieslayer83 19

Anne Frankly this thread is a Pearl in a harbor of cleverness.

Sinamoi 18

I did Nazi the rise of this thread coming. I was Russian to get to the end!

I want to get to the end but I can't stop Stalin!

Everyone on this thread is really good at Lincoln things together.

Link5794 18

War going Cold here; there are only so many puns that can be made.

Your teachers an ass OP. He or she doesn't have to be so butthurt over false information he was given.

rg350dx 29

When did actually knowing history not become a requirement for teaching it?

Due to budget cuts the teachers with actual knowledge were the first to go

plagiarismo 16

Sad but unfortunately very true with some schools!

Welcome to the rest of your life. YDI for not playing the game!

ass, now I just lost the game and it's been Luke two years :-(

* like can't edit on phone for some reason

countryrose92 23

After years of the game, I still have no clue what the game is!!! -_- frustrated.

So Woodrow Wilson isn't known as the great time traveling president? I'm not sure what I know anymore. Next, you'll be telling me that Abraham Lincoln wasn't a vampire hunter.

Llamacod 11

I also suppose he wasn't a famous zombie hunter either (low budget syfy channel movie that came out around the same time as the vampire hunter movie, it was also on netflix for a while)

It was low budget for a reason. If they had checked all of their facts, they would have realized it was Millard Fillmore who was the zombie hunter. Needless to say, he wasn't very adept at his job and soon disappeared to be scarcely heard from again.

I'm still waiting for them to create a movie about Abraham Lincoln hunting other hunters.