By cowgirl927 - 18/04/2013 11:26 - United States

Today, I was on hold with the cable company for an hour. When I finally got someone, I walked into the kitchen to where it was quiet and slid across the floor, falling on my butt and losing my connection on the phone. My 2-year-old son had sprayed the floor with nonstick cooking spray. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 749
You deserved it 6 468

cowgirl927 tells us more.

cowgirl927 3

OP here. Hi. Just wanted to say that I am extremely overprotective of my son. The house IS baby-proofed. The spray is always put up...this was the one time someone(not me) didn't put it up on its shelf. And I wasn't ignoring him. This is your standard, garden-variety "I stepped out of the room for one minute" kind of deal. Most moms know exactly what I'm talking about. So chill out some of you.

Top comments

You must be that mom that owes him money. "You take-a my money, I break-a your leg."

Pranksters, they start young. Have fun OP ;)

Comments

Pranksters, they start young. Have fun OP ;)

KyraJFoxx 14

Especially during that "Terrible-Two" phase people always talk about , Good luck OP !

Success4444 12

I totally thought this fml was going in a different direction. This time I got the one-two punch!

You must be that mom that owes him money. "You take-a my money, I break-a your leg."

Awesome! A homemade slip-n-slide. I wouldn't have left that kitchen for hours.

fksfsdhfsdfh 26

One hour? Terrible customer service!

Common customer service, unfortunately =/ Chances are that after that hour, someone completely rude named "Glitter" or someone OP could not even remotely understand would pick up, further waste OP's time, then direct OP to a website that would actually be able to answer his/her question.

Save_Bandit 5

At least you don't have to worry about it being a sticky situation... My apologies for that.

His evil plan had worked! You never know what those little kids are always thinking...

Herein lies the problem. Little kids are never just thinking one thing.

RecklessJellyBea 7

I'm just a bit curious as to how he managed to get a hold of that spray. Don't let something like this slip, though. Let him know he shouldn't do that.

Don't let this incident create a falling-out between you and your child, OP!

Obviously he was well supervised for an hour while his mom ignored him to be ignored

euphoricness 28

On the bright side, OP, you can now skate in your kitchen. Slip on some silk socks and have some fun!

rg350dx 29

If you ever forget him at home while on a family vacation at least he'll know how to set up burglar traps

This reference was beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us.