By lilmamma - 05/11/2010 17:29 - United States

Today, I took my four year old son to the playground. When it was time to go, he squirmed out of my arms back to the jungle gym. Not being the type of mother to put up with bad behavior, I swatted his rear and told him we had to go. That's when I realized I'd just spanked the wrong child who was wearing the same coat as my son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 139
You deserved it 50 382

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i bet that went done well with the Kids mother.....

Forever, you can't compare molestation and spanking. I was spanked as a child, and I'm not brainwashed or scarred. I have a 4 year old, and while I have not spanked her, once she is old enough to know right from wrong, I will if I need to. Corporal punishment will not land you in jail. Beating your child will. But spanking, no. And I like how you used both "their" and "there" incorrectly in the same sentence. That was amusing.

Comments

tykiej 0

Oh to have been at that playground! What did the other mom do?

You realised smacking children is against the law these days? OP, you fail as a mother and as a human being.

i'm not quite sure if that applies to the US. i know abuse is definitely against the law, but not so sure about "swatting," as it were.

No, it isn't against the law in the USA either. Leaving a bruise or other injury, minor or major, is. I don't know if it's considered abuse if it gets red though. But spankings aren't against the law. Beatings are.

SPANKING is NOT against any laws you hippy twat... it's called discipline!! And from the looks of most teens now they need a LOT more of it. parents are somehow scared of their own children because most kids now are undisciplined pricks whose parents thought like u and never put them in line with a good old fashioned swat to the ass!!

hazelwolfeyes 0

theres nothing wrong with being swatted..my parents beat the shit out of us constantly..we`d run when we heard the belt coming out of the closet..4 out of the 5 kids turned out great and successful..o.o..im the lil black sheep thats still the disappointment.. some kids just need a slight jolt to get their attention not a severe beating..but being swatted doesnt hurt its like `whoa what happened`..and maybe hes the kid that fights when its time to go home-hence why she didnt think twice about squirming..ive been stopped twice when ive taken my niece to the park cause i carry her home shrieking/screaming bloody murder..i think the mother did what works for her..it just turned out to be a big mistake and misunderstanding..hopefully the other mother/father understands and hopefully it all turned out ok..

littlemissdqgirl 8

If I saw a woman grab my daughter and swat her I'd brake that womans arm. How do you not know your own child from someone elses? Were you not watching him? Pay attention next time. Moms like you piss me off. Watch your damn child next time and this won't happen again.

kid was wearing the same exact jacket and probably looked similar from behind. don't act so righteous, because you'll do and have done something equally 'stupid' but are you really a stupid screwup? probably not.

spanking ISNT illegal, leaving lasting marks is (and im not talking a red bum for an hour) a lot of people take this too far and i blame people who ACTUALLY abuse their kids, because they probably also spank and that causes people to include it in abuse cries, tho she didnt say spank she said swat, which could mean a spank, or like ive often had as a kid a light hit to the butt meant as a warning, didnt hurt, but i always KNEW better after that.

Edit: sorry, replied to the wrong post. please disregard. >.>

YDI OP. If I was that child's mother I'd make sure you do not leave that playground without broken bones.

l0lkitteh 0

Looks like someone _was_ spanked as a child, and knows only that way of dealing with problems: Hit 'em up.

Oh please!! You see someone "swat" your child and you decide they need some bones broken? Overreact much??

You might be OK with some random stranger grabbing and hitting your child for unknown to you reason. I am not. No random bitch touches my child and if she does she will choke on consequences. Plain and simple.

Chyeah, broken bones AND their face shoved in the sand. :P

Broken bones, face in the sand, AND the cops on their way.

The cops better have their tasers; otherwise mama beatdown is going nowhere!

lol a swat on the butt in a VERY believable case of mistaken identity , resulting in broken bones and face in the dirt, will def draw cops alright, to arrest the other mother for assault and battery.

riku3220 2

Oh please, it's not like she punched the kid in the face. It was a genuine mistake and it was only a smack. Threatening to break someone's bones and calling the cops over a little mistake like that is very much overreacting.

lol, punch the mom and break her bones and it's you whose getting arrested.

Seriously, name calling? Are that much of a child? Christ, grow up. Or did your mommy believe in timeouts when you were a kid. My parents did not believe in that crap. Kids that did are what's wrong with the world these days. Oh wait, you are from Australia, damn, too bad a Dingo did not take you away as a baby. As for OP, I would have spanked my kid as well. I heard a 5 year old call him mom a bitch at Target last night, if THAT was my kid, he would have had more then a sore butt from getting spanked, that's for damn sure.

And if someone else spanked MY kid, then I would be on them like UFC!

Ryonix 0

ydi for hitting someone elses kid