By hairybetty - 05/01/2010 01:43 - United States

Today, I shaved my legs and armpits for the first time in 6 weeks. Unfortunately, I didn't have a hot date, I just had my yearly gyno exam. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 173
You deserved it 8 504

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Pony_barometer 0

Well I maybe know the reason why you don't have a hot date.

wtf?! you dont shave at least your armpits reguarly?!

Comments

not shaving isn't the reason she's not getting dates, unless she's walking around in skirts and vest tops, i think she's saying it as a way of saying "what's the point no one will notice"

On the bright side at least you got SOME action! Better luck in the new year and keep it all trimmed!

I don't understand why so many girls hate shaving their legs. Is it really that time consuming? I do it every day and it takes less than three minutes. And because I do it every day means if I'm in a hurry and do a shitty job, no one's going to notice. It's not like I need spend an hour bushwhacking through it. If you can't be bothered to shave your legs at least once a week then you have got to be a bunch of lazy broads.

..seeing as I'm too young for it to be necessary to have to go to a gyno, why would you need to shave your armpits? I thought they only checked your private area..

friedblueoyster 0

Most gynos also perform a breast exam and you lie with your arms above your head to allow the doctor the best access to all the lymph nodes, tissue, etc.

Thund3rStruck_fml 0

Some swim teams do this thing where they don't shave until sectionals. Hair makes more drag.

Flutist 3

While I find it gross, guys don't shave. Why is it the females job to shave if she isn't going to be impressing anyone. As long as she doesn't stink or look like a homeless lady, what is the big deal. The French used to not shave their pits. But there is a matter of hygiene, hairy pits, and ******, tend to get dirty fast. If the men are going to comment about her being dirty and gross, their start shaving your own arm pits and area. No girl likes to go down on a man bush.

It's because a few decades ago Gillette decided they wanted to market their razors to women and started an advertising campaign to convince them that men didn't like their body hair, so buy our razors to shave it all off! Now that perception has been around so long that Americans usually have some weird bias against female body hair from an early age, but women never let their hair grow out long enough to find that you never get "Without a Paddle" ape legs (except Italian women... that's another story entirely). My current boyfriend and my last boyfriend both came from cultures where there isn't as much "You're born ugly! Buying our product will make you pretty!" hype. I rarely shave; I might shave my legs maybe once a year for the one formal event I end up at, and I shave my underarms only every few months. So by most girls' definitions here I'm hairy, unhygienic, disgusting, and never get any dates... but my boyfriend doesn't care at all. Hmmmm.....

all that means is that you have to specifically find men from "hairy cultures" before you can get a date. Not exactly something I'd be proud of.

Labamba 0

Once a year! Holy crap. You should be the queen of burning bras. I'm not even being sarcastic. It takes a lot to rock hair legs even in bathing suit season. Then again, you could have fine blonde hair that no one can really notice.

Labamba 0

Ignore the typos I'm on my iphone so it's acting up

Or, it means that they weren't interested in superficial women who spend more time applying their makeup than using their brain. Considering I was the one asked out, I didn't have to 'specifically find them.'

Flutist 3

When I was 11 my best friend's parents divorced. Her dad shacked up with a woman who did not shave her pits. I thought it was gross. Then as I got older I came to see a horrible trend. The more products I bought to make me pretty the uglier I felt. I will never get to a point where I have hairy armpits, but I don't shave my legs, I rarely wear make-up. I groom but I refuse to let myself be "groomed" to be some unhappy, youth obsessed middle aged woman at forty. Men can't judge her, they don't shave. They don't understand how much girls have to work. Do you understand how bad we feel about ourselves? When a guy comes around from a new culture that is "natural" and not obsessed with fashion, skinny women and unnatural images of "perfection" then can you blame a girl for getting on the band wagon and falling in love? Instead of judging the women on here for being comfortable enough to be natural, take a look at how much time you waste being someone you aren't.

It's cool that you think deciding to shave makes someone something they're not. I had no idea we define a person's identity based on hairiness/lack of hairiness!

vballchick342 0

no wonder you don't get dates.....you probably have braids under your arms. yuck. seriously, shave that stuff at LEAST a few times a week

lolsan 0

How can you stand that o_o I shave my legs once a week, and my armpits every day- even if I'm not doing anything. It just feels bad.

ooohlife 0