By Autocorrected - 26/11/2012 20:13 - Philippines - Makati

Today, I had some soup that my dad made. I took one sip and found he had put tons of hot sauce in it. I rushed to drink from a soda can sitting on the counter, only to find that my mom had used it as an ash tray the night before. I can still taste the hot sauce, and the ash. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 467
You deserved it 3 390

Same thing different taste

Top comments

**** your life indeed. It's really your parents fault though. I'm suggesting for Christmas buy your mother an ash tray, and your father sensible seasonings.

One time I drank my step-dad's chewing tobacco spit from a soda bottle. I feel your pain.

Comments

NzaHaFML 13

Next time, try asking your dad what type of soup he's making to avoid this.

isitinmybedroom 11

That just sounds like a dirty joke

I disagree. If all people thought that we would have less ****.

unknown_user5566 26

1- I think it's less about what type of soup he's making, and more about the type (and quantity) of seasoning that he's using.

thenamestaco171 2

In my household it is extremely rude to ask what you are having to eat. It shows that you have something you do not want to eat, and therefore waste good food.

**** your life indeed. It's really your parents fault though. I'm suggesting for Christmas buy your mother an ash tray, and your father sensible seasonings.

The ash tray is a good choice. But you can never have to much hot sauce. Never

It will put hair on their chest. Life happens.

69 - you say that now, but when you are on the toilet, your thoughts will be different.

**** that; fill their stockings with coal, and don't come out of your room on Christmas.

Do you know how much coal is worth now? If OP wanted to be cruel, they could just give them lint.

How does this even make OP's family awesome?

Well, it could have been an attempt at sarcasm, I guess?

Rosie_Posie43 12

If my family made my life seem like a home alone skit... Well hell yeah they'd be pretty awesome

I guess you were in the soup. But never mind rise from the ashes of defeat and prank your dad back.

Nightwing98 22

These puns get dumber every time a new FML comes out.

MrClean17 15

"I guess you were in the soup." This has to be the worst pun I've seen in a while on this site.

The idea is that it's supposed to seem at least somewhat natural, and not like you were trying wayyy too hard. Failure.

51, I'd be careful saying that, someone might take it as a challenge

AllyyK 9

#6 ' You were in the soup' Well, atleast you can say you tried. You should probably leave the 'funny' comments and puns to the people who are actually.. Funny?

Between that and bugs, cans are always bad news after being left unattended. I would've skipped the can and hit the sink. FYL.

Also soda is just the worst after spicy food. Mouth burn!!

the_smart_way 10

What did the sink ever do to you?

Soda just shakes the hotness around. Jamaican food. ;-;.

One time I drank my step-dad's chewing tobacco spit from a soda bottle. I feel your pain.

iOceanus 18
chriswright1888 10

Your dad sounds like an idiot. You should plot revenge

unknown_user5566 26

He's an idiot for using too much hot sauce? He probably put in an amount that he finds enjoyable, and OP just didn't have a high enough tolerance for it... not exactly an "idiot" moment.

CharresBarkrey 15

No, OP's probably just a pussy with spicy foods.

YDI for going for a soda can that you didn't even open yourself.

Alliente 9

Oh Yeah, He's so in the wrong for trying to put out the flames in his mouth with the nearest open drink that happened to be filled with ash. Lets poor hot sauce down your throat and see how well you fare.

It was in OPs own house.. I doubt it'd be roofied.

T9FTW 20

Does no one know that I'm referencing shoenice22, the YouTube? Sheesh, those thumb downs are harsh!

unknown_user5566 26

I don't think that's what the hot sauce company had envisioned when they created the "smokey" flavored hot sauce.