By silentsuzie - 12/02/2010 15:23 - United States

Today, I realized I can never live with my fiancée. A childhood of systematic teasing, abuse, and humiliation has made me terrified to use a bathroom around a guy if there's the slightest chance I can be heard, seen, or even have anyone know what I'm up to. Therapy has yet to fix anything. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 352
You deserved it 5 439

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cursesonyourmom 1

buy a little radio and play it in the bathroom. even if your just putting on makeup. that way he can't hear you and doesn't know what your doing.

"If you have to shit, shit! If you have to fart, fart! You will feel much better for it." ~Mao Tse-tung

Comments

texas_justice 0

here's some tough love for you... this poo thing is just the tip of the iceberg. don't ask someone else to love you when you cannot love yourself. do your fiancé a favor and leave him. when you are a whole person, then you can share your life.

oOohxlala_ 0

you need to tell your fiancee-- OPEN UP!

OP, eventually your fiancee is going to realize that you never go to the bathroom and probably get really worried about it and your health. Try to explain the situation to him (if he makes fun of you or tells you to suck it up or whatever, tell him to **** off). Then you can possibly come up with a schedule or some ideas together to help you. If you are going to marry this man, you won't be able to hide this from him forever. To everyone here essentially telling the OP to "grow up" or just "get over it": You're all idiots. Extreme anxiety is a MEDICAL problem. It would be just like telling someone with a compound leg fracture to "quit being a pussy and walk it off." Or hiding someone's inhaler or epipen when they need it because they should just be able to "deal." Your ignorance is astounding.

Thank you, it is so refreshing to read a comment that actually makes sense.

I agree! At least somebody here has some sense.

noobgang7 5

awhh I'm so sorry, I have anxiety which is fairly similar. I haven't used a public bathroom in years. it just takes some time to getting used to. I had a very hard time in grade 9 since it was out of my "comfort zone". I hope you find a way to deal with this :)

I'm a nervous pooper too OP, so I feel your pain (even though Basic Training did help fix a large part of that problem). What helps for me is putting in ear plugs or listening to music loudly while going to the bathroom, it makes it easier to pretend that no one else can hear you if you can't hear yourself

talk to him about it. I bet he will be willing to try to help

Finally a real FML. By the way, you should get the book 'everyone poops'.

perdix 29

Two Girls, One Cup That'll fix it!