By silentsuzie - 12/02/2010 15:23 - United States

Today, I realized I can never live with my fiancée. A childhood of systematic teasing, abuse, and humiliation has made me terrified to use a bathroom around a guy if there's the slightest chance I can be heard, seen, or even have anyone know what I'm up to. Therapy has yet to fix anything. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 352
You deserved it 5 439

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cursesonyourmom 1

buy a little radio and play it in the bathroom. even if your just putting on makeup. that way he can't hear you and doesn't know what your doing.

"If you have to shit, shit! If you have to fart, fart! You will feel much better for it." ~Mao Tse-tung

Comments

fmlxxxx 0

what do you think annoys a guy more? 1) someone taking a shit like every single other human being who ever lived 2) someone being a mental nutjob If you're truly concerned about what he thinks of you then have some mental fortitude and just act normally

No really, **** off sensitive psychologically disturbed fat turd, you deserve to be scared/humored everynight In the bath room. Any monkey's scrotum who feels sorry for whackjobs like her needs to get balls chopped off. Go get a real FML you sad attention seeking e-*****.

When people do tease you, just go up to their face and kick their nuts or poke their eyes. fucktards wont ever mess with you again.( personal experience). Topic: Just talk to your fiancee about it and work it out with him.

All I can say is, I'm sorry to hear that. =/ I don't have problems with using the bathroom, but after years of school bullying I've ended up with some serious social anxiety problems. Best of luck!

I have absolute faith that you can overcome this phobia. Trust your fiancé and explain to him how you feel. Like so many kind people have been suggesting, a worthy man will help you find strategies to make things easier for you: radio, him agreeing to go to a further room and not to go in the bathroom right after you. He needs to know how petrified you are, and he should sympathize. If he loves you, you can gradually work on this together. Certainly, do your best to find a home where you can at least begin with separate bathrooms. In time, you will feel more comfortable. The key is being able to communicate openly and to be able to know and trust that he will not mock or judge you. I have a feeling this stems from your difficult childhood and that once you feel safe, it will dissipate. Good luck sweetie. You can do this.

yatoast 0

I talked to my ex while taking shi*s and she's a girl and sat on the tub side and chilled out. didn't care

skeleton_skinner 0

I used to be like that. I grew out of it when I moved in with my boyfriend.

I was going to do it too but it wasn't worth the effort. Thank you for carrying out my secret desire.

What sort of abuse are we talking here? - that would make a very big difference in this FML.