Shy bowels

By Dragoness11 - 27/03/2014 14:12 - United Kingdom - Northampton

Today, I still have my ridiculous fear of being heard on the toilet, and I can't go if people are around. I'd just sat down on the toilet when three of my housemates started chatting immediately outside the door. I had to sit silently until they were gone. For half an hour. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 125
You deserved it 9 648

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I have the exact same fear. if someone entered the bathroom while I'm peeing, I would literally hold my pee in until they get out. no matter how long they take...

AFCCT 7

Feed your toilet, OP. Feed it.

Comments

I have the exact same fear. if someone entered the bathroom while I'm peeing, I would literally hold my pee in until they get out. no matter how long they take...

I'm the exact same way. I can't use public toilets at all. Or go in my house, even, unless I'm sure no one can here me.

killinpoptarts 9

Question to all the above comments... What would happen if all of you were to share the same bathroom?

...Isn't that bad for your bladder? I'm sorry you guys have to go through that. It's hard to hold it in.... I would've just let it right out lol

larrena2377 26

I had a friend that would turn the water in the sink on to drown out the noise. maybe you could try that?

When I lived in a dorm, I shared the bathroom with four other people. I would wait until I knew no one was around or I would wait til early morning (like 330 am).

Haha I'm currently taking a dump and have music playing so people don't hear me. I guess I can relate XD

That's what I do for when I need to shit. If I'm peeing I try and make it hit the side of the toilet.

Are you scared that other people might find out that you are actually doing the toilet, in the toilet. Mind-blowing.

AFCCT 7

Feed your toilet, OP. Feed it.

Driblets 8

poor toilets... they are force fed shit on a daily basis. Toilets have feelings too. throw them a burger every once in a while.

Needs better than that, burgers are mostly shit...

Needs better than that, burgers are mostly shit...

xbrit551 13

OP didn't specify. For all we know, it could be "pissy", but of course you went for the obvious, overstated choice.

websphere69 27

Oh crap, or should I say no crap

Some people are the same way OP, nothing to be ashamed of!

I do this in bathrooms all the time OP. I feel your pain :(

I say we make a support group for pee shy people! We'll need a place to meet with lots of separate bathrooms though.....

I take it you've never seen the movie, "Waiting," 53.

Idk maybe try listening to music to distract you or something.

That's what I do in public bathrooms. It works for me

I get that its a fear but come on...thats unhealthy and painful

try putting a radio or some other music playing device in the restroom and turn it up when you have to go. no one will be able to hear you and you won't have as much anxiety about going when others are around.