By silentsuzie - 12/02/2010 15:23 - United States

Today, I realized I can never live with my fiancée. A childhood of systematic teasing, abuse, and humiliation has made me terrified to use a bathroom around a guy if there's the slightest chance I can be heard, seen, or even have anyone know what I'm up to. Therapy has yet to fix anything. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 351
You deserved it 5 439

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cursesonyourmom 1

buy a little radio and play it in the bathroom. even if your just putting on makeup. that way he can't hear you and doesn't know what your doing.

"If you have to shit, shit! If you have to fart, fart! You will feel much better for it." ~Mao Tse-tung

Comments

Hermyoni 0

If you knew you had these issues you shouldn't of accepted the engagement in the first place. Suck it people poop and pee. If it's really an issue get a place with a second bathroom and have it be at the complete opposite end of the house then lock it.

well she said she had a childhood of abuse when it came to that... someone loves her even with her problems it's not like she can un-abuse herself. like there was a case where a little girl was kidnapped and raped by various members of some gang or group but she survived... fell in love and couldn't sleep with her husband... so because she was abused (not her fault) she should turn down a chance of happiness? boo. I'm glad she's getting therapy. fyl OP

stop whining and feeling sorry for your self.

is nobody reading the part where she was TRAUMATIZED AND ABUSED AS A CHILD!?

yatoast 0

she's prolly bulliemic.... And that is a serious problem but grow up and become an adult and deal with your issues

if he's your fiancé he obviously loves you enough that you could explain the issue. chances are the two of you could work you through it better than any jackass therapist.

youthink_fml 0

Everyone is teased when they're a kid. If it's not a brother or sister, it's someone in school. or it's the neighbor. People need to get over a normal childhood and stop bringing their kiddie issues from 20 years ago into their adult life. People shit. They also pee, fart, and burp.

jnrockstar10 0

But all people r diffrent i still havent forgiven my mom for 7 years of abuse along with 2 years of emotional abuse so leave the OP alone.

I don't think OP is talking about normal childhood bs...if she's in therapy, it's not as easy as "just getting over it." I'm sure she wouldn't be having this problem if she could have just shrugged it off. Find a better therapist. Explain the situation to your fiance. use your goal of living with him as motivation to work on getting better.

jnrockstar10 0

@#53 If ur talking to me I knw that its not easy to forget things that happend in the past I was exposed to bullying, abuse both emotional and physical.

lol I wasnt teased as a kid... Im 14 and have nothing to be teased about I guess Im just a beast >:D lol

Exactly, what happens during your school years shapes you and sets you up for the rest of your life. If you had upsetting and ongoing problems with fitting in/bullying, of course the associated issues don't just disappear as soon as you walk out of school into the 'adult world'. OP, I'm guessing that online support groups, a change in therapy styles, finding little 'tricks' to make yourself feel safer and complete openness with your partner will be your best bet to get over it... good luck!

pluralbusted 0

I think a lot of people these days are just plain too sensative also.

trust me. your man will love you so much more if you fart in front of him. what guy doesnt like poop jokes?!

sugarhighwhoo 3

Ew you're totally wrong, discusting

Big deal, my childhood as of now still consists of those and worse things. Learn not to care.

Recommendation #1 - Hypnotherapy Recommendation #2 - Get thrown in jail for a week or so. That'll remove all sense of personal privacy.

skyeyez9 24

i heard a comedian say the difference between a newlywed couple and a couple married 10 years: A newly married man will shut the bathroom door, lock it and turn the faucet on. heaven forbid his wife know he's pooping. After 10 years, you leave the door wide open and say "Omg come look at the size of this before I flush it!" Pooping is normal. Be a proud shitter!