By anugla - 18/08/2009 05:02 - United States

Today, I ran over a cat while driving home. I tried to keep myself together but couldn't help but cry because of how bad I felt. Through my tears I failed to notice a porcupine in the middle of the road. Yep, I hit him too. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 552
You deserved it 19 460

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You cry while driving - you pull over! YDI.

Good.....Let the evil run through you.....

Comments

girls should not drive, especially emotional ones who cry when driving, seriously say what you did out loud and listen to how stupid that is. you dumbfuck

alex_vik 0

And surprise surprise, it's a woman! inb4 "Sexist Pig" comments.

Ok, where exactly do you live? I mean, porcupines? Come on now! You suck for killing animals, who deserve to live more than humans. You murderer. But, then again, it was an accident.

And women deserve to drive. At least they have a heart, unlike you sexist men.

alex_vik 0

Men have hearts too. If we didn't, how would we circulate blood throughout our body?

nak sexist men have hearts too, how else would the blood reach our feets, so that we can step on the gas of our non environmental friendly cars to murder more innocent animals. It’s because of our hearts we are able to kill... over and over again.

But men don't care as much as girls do. Otherwise they won't be that sexist. And when I say they don't have a heart, I obviously mean they don't care as much. Duh they have a heart.

Chocolate_Chunk 2

nak, do you realize that it's you who is sexist right now?

Humans are just animals, and none of us really deserve to live. Also, porcupines are cute.

ElMundio87 0

You sound like a psychopath, fyi

hahahahah this is deff going to my faves :D

FYL, but YDI. It's the same for anyone who is in this sit. :P Btw, did you know that cows are the top contributors to global warming/harming the environment? By emitting greenhouse gases! Just a little food for thought, since some people here feel that Human's are the ones who are destroying the world. Animals can be blamed just as much.

Sprinter136 2

There was gas released WAY before humans OR cows existed, and the earth lasted a lot longer before an extinction. Dinosaurs didn't use cars that spew out crap, have factories, have chemicals, or have 40 kids. Nobody thinks of overpopulation in this world, which is also an issue. More people=more cars, more clear cutting for more homes (which is also harmful, as trees clean the air), more gases emitted, etc.

Agree with #162. Basically, the intelligence of humans will be our demise. Having medicine and technology has allowed us uncontrolled success at species survival. All other animals in nature are self-regulating. Weak ones die for whatever reason, strong ones live, if they overpopulate an area they run out of food and die. Bad genetic traits aren't passed on, and there are no second chances for the sick, injured or elderly.

I wish people would just calm down and stop making this more complex than it needs to be. You all have an opinion, try and keep it to yourself.

To those saying an animal's life is equal to a human's, I have to ask: what about bugs? They're innocent creatures too, and they don't **** up our planet like humans. Do you search the grass before you walk to make sure you don't "murder" an ant? Do you swat the innocent mosquito just trying to eat? Or take it a step further-- what about germs? Do you wash your hands or take medications when you're ill? Seriously, where do you draw the line?

That is so far fetched. The innocent, as you call it, mosquito annoys us. It bites us, takes our blood, and makes us itchy. It's not too innocent, if you really want to analyze it that far. Bugs?? They bite us, too. The cat and porcupine didn't do anything at all.

And germs make us sick, as you said. Being sick is no fun!! They are NOT innocent.

Of course it's far-fetched. That was my point. No one except perhaps a hardcore Buddhist or pantheist would worry about killing an insect. However, if mosquitoes aren't innocent because they annoy us, and germs aren't innocent because they make us sick, than neither are cats, even though they're cute and cuddly. Feral cats can carry rabies and domestic ones can cause allergies (which, btw, is similar to what mosquitoes do). And I've never heard of a bug causing an accident, the way loose animals can.  I would be very upset if I hit a cat. I'd probably even pull over, try to help it, and cry. But would hitting a human be better? No way. My point is, if someone really thinks animals are of equal value to humans, then why aren't insects of equal value to animals? Pets enrich our lives, but so do bees, by pollinating our food. Both are great-- neither outvalues a human.

******* hell, you are almost as stupid as the dumb cosmolily bitch up there. You realize mosquitos bite and suck blood to facilitate the growing of their youngsters. This is to ensure the survival of their species. By denying them supply of your blood you deny them the existence to live. Germs and bacteria live inside of you because your body is an excellent place to survive. It's warm, moist, and provides nutrients. The byproduct of them living in you is that you become ill. They don't survive in this world with the sole purpose to make people ill. Finally, the fact that you are 'humaniziing' these insects and bacteria by calling them 'not innocent'? I'm not even going to ******* touch that with a 6 foot pole. Please don't say anything if you do not know what the **** you are talking about.

Wow. That went way over your head. Just... wow.

First of all, who are you talking to?? And yeah but why aren't they just as important as humans? That's my point; people don't realize the importance of animals, and even bugs, which is why they should help every specie out as much as they can.

RNCftw 0

you cried because you hit a cat. YDI. that's just sad.