By springbreak09 - 01/04/2009 06:03 - Mexico

Today, I left for vacation in Mexico. Upon landing, I received a text message from the guy I've been seeing. It read, "Sorry, I'm not boyfriend material. Have a good trip." I paid 75 cents to get dumped, internationally. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 916
You deserved it 5 643

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Thats great. He gave you a free pass to do who ever you want. Would have sucked if he told you when you got back.

Comments

US carriers generally charge for incoming text messages, and in some cases text messages received while roaming are not covered by any unlimited messaging plan. #22, you have to pay for incoming text messages regardless of whether or not you "open" it. What you do to view a message on your phone has no bearing on if you get charged, as the message has already been delivered. Your provider has no idea if you view the SMS or not.

why is the OP getting called whiny when most of the comments here are whining about text messages. Does nobody remember long distance calls and how they were more expensive than local calls on a landline? have none of you ever traveled to a different country and had to pay an arm and a leg for calls/text messages from back home? it's pretty much common knowledge i thought.

#25 that may be true but it's 75 cents. That's three quarters; you can find on the ground taking a stroll through the park. Is the OP complaining about being dumped or is she complaining about paying less than a dollar to be dumped...because either one isn't really fmylife material.

As people have said, she's clearly complaining just at the ironic fact that she PAID to be dumped, the amount does not matter. I doubt the 75cents is anything to her when she paid for the whole trip to Mexico and all.

bluecoconuts 0

Maybe he dumped you because he doesn't trust you down in Mexico for Spring Break?... Girls Gone Wild, MTV, all that other BS that shows a bunch of college girls being big ******.. Could have gotten a little nervous... Should have invited him.

sounds like he doesnt want some mexican dick in his girl so he broke it off before you ****** it up

So everybody who is going on about how it was 75 cents is missing the point, the dude dumped her via text message and likely put a damper on her vacation, because he's a douchebag. Sorry hon :/ Though I guess it's better than him cheating on you while you were gone and then it being a big deal when you got back. Least now you can flirt with any hot Mexican dudes you see and not feel guilty!

xninix_fml 36
crazy_cat_lady 0

Wow, sounds like he planned that out. He wanted to make sure you were far enough away that you couldn't freak out on him in person.

Screw him! Have a good time in Mexico, and then go home and have a good time there too =D

I think he may have been alluding to the fact that you went to mexico without him. I think he meant "sorry i'm not boyfriend material, i.e. boyfriend enough for you to take with you"