By springbreak09 - 01/04/2009 06:03 - Mexico

Today, I left for vacation in Mexico. Upon landing, I received a text message from the guy I've been seeing. It read, "Sorry, I'm not boyfriend material. Have a good trip." I paid 75 cents to get dumped, internationally. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 916
You deserved it 5 643

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Thats great. He gave you a free pass to do who ever you want. Would have sucked if he told you when you got back.

Comments

mehwhateverr 0

#2, it's not like everyone can just get unlimited texting. think a little. so about the fml itself. the guy seems like a nice guy for thinking about your feelings and breaking up with you because he feels he wouldn't be a good boyfriend to you, but also seems like a bad guy for texting you instead of calling or telling you before you left for your trip. and definitely fyl. anyone who says ydi needs help.

for everyone who says "it's 75 cents...get over it": the point of the story is not that she can't get over losing 75 cents. it's the fact that she actually PAID MONEY to get dumped. and btw, making it seem like the dumpee wanted u to break up with them is ******* retarded, i hate when guys do that. "i'm sure it's what you wanted" "i'm doing this for you" "i'm not good enough for you"...yeah right. you just don't have the guts to tell a girl you don't wanna go out with her anymore.

text him, thank god we're not together anymore, i'm banging a new guy every night.

Get yourself a hispanic lover! I heard they're incredible. Problem solved! :D

kvinyard 0

wow. youre a moron. when youre out of the country turn off your phone.

Don't listen to #68. That sounds like a dirty ***** downtown on the street corner with fishnet stockings and x-small tee. Instead say yeah my boyfriend material criteria was actually lowered when dating you I can finally meet someone that actually meets my standards this time around. Thanks for doing me the favor :D peace out nigg.

mykon_fml 0

that sounds like you provoked the break-up. no guy is just going to say sorry i'm not boyfriend material i should leave.

RoadkillZoo 0

That guys a champ. You probably diddnt post the entire conversation.

At least he told you when you were on your way to the trip so you could get over him there. It's easier to forget someone in new scenery--and with new, hot guys. :) Maybe it's better this way. All the same, I hope you feel better and got to talk to him about it later on!