By Coldandshoeless - 08/01/2013 10:40 - United States - Hackettstown

Today, I got home only to discover my dog was missing. After spending ages roaming the freezing streets calling his name, I returned to find him stuck behind the couch with my chewed-up new shoes in his muzzle. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 291
You deserved it 6 433

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Probably hiding. I know my dog hides under our recliner and hides stuff she knows she shouldn't have taken, like a shoe.

perdix 29

These are the times that try men's soles!

Comments

LiveLoveLaugh8 4

This happened to me too when I was on vacation in Florida. I thought I would never see her again because I live many states away, and we were not going to be down there much longer. Hours after me and my family searched and searched, the neighbor came over and said my dog was swimming with her kids the whole time. The same week she took a nap under the chair in the living room of my cousins house in FL for hours and ignored our calls for her. I cried because I thought she was gone this time for good. We still have her now and she is 15years old.

I don't have a dog, but my cat does the same thing. Hides in a tight space that you would never look. I feel for you OP. griefed by your own pet

Squeaky_Tomato 14

Be thankful your dog is safe. It's just a pair of shoes. Not something super important. Just shoes. Those are replaceable, dogs (and other companion animals) are not.

I would be relived my dog isnt MISSING. Smart dog tho my dog just looks innocent and chews quietly.

80skid 15
angeleyes8675309 7

Awww naww, snooks lost another pair of shoes. Waaahhhh. Thts what ya get for putting a muzzle on your dog when it's inside.

Is this such a foreign concept? A muzzle is another name for a mouth. He had a shoe in his mouth.

Who you gonna call!? DOG WHISPERER!!!!!!!

johnny_derp 3

this isn't an FML because you found your dog. you can buy new shoes but you can't replace a living thing.

You muzzle your dog.. In your house.. Is that so he doesn't chew up anything?

Well if the dog was chewing new shoes I would assume the dog was chewing with his or her mouth, so why add the word muzzle?