By AnonUser464 - 08/01/2013 16:40 - United States

Today, my boss called me over to his office; he wanted me to fire four hardworking employees. One of them was the girl I was going to ask out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 508
You deserved it 3 419

Same thing different taste

Top comments

nycwrestler 17

Your boss is a pussy. He should do it himself.

zombieslayer83 19

At least she will have plenty of free time to go on a date with you.

Comments

nycwrestler 17

Your boss is a pussy. He should do it himself.

When you're the boss you don't have to do the dirty work. They just make other people do it.

Well, you don't really know the situation. OP might be the direct manager whose boss is a higher guy that decides who goes, but the manager still has to tell his people. But then it would be weird if OP wanted to ask that girl out.

xStaciexLynnx 15
tjv3 10

Well OP are you their manager? If you are then it's your job to fire them.

well you shouldn't go out with someone you work with anyways. don't piss where you sleep

Don't many workplaces have rules against employees dating anyways?

#119 Well, there goes my plan to apply at the local Brookshire's. My boyfriend works there.

Well, ask her out.. and let the fireworks begin.

WhatsGoodBro 12

Yeah. The best way to get girls to like you is to fire them from their jobs...

I think he meant "ask her out" as can you clean your office and go out of the building please ? oh and what about a beer tonight ?

Misswildsides 22

I think Op could use this to his advantage. Assuming he does fire her, he could try to make her feel better by asking her on a date.

this made me think of the episode of friends where chandler has to fire the girl he likes so he promotes her instead and just tells his boss that shes a psycho and would be dangerous to fire lol

"I am sorry but do to budget constraints I have been told I have to let you go. *Hands tissue. "The good news is now that you are no longer working at Longfellow, Handcock and Johnson it wouldn't violate company policy if we were to see each other...socially?" *Removes stiletto heel from groin. "Too soon?"

Tristyxxx 24

Because he doesn't want to make himself look like an asshole

zombieslayer83 19

At least she will have plenty of free time to go on a date with you.

Maybe a nice romantic date will make her feel better. c:

I am sure if you offer to pay for dinner she will still go. Seeing as she just lost her source of income and all.

Males always lose money chasing females but not when chasing money.

I think you and the four employees have to complain to HR. It's not your job to fire workers and from the FML, it looks like unfair dismissal for the workers.

RedPillSucks 31

Well, OP may be a manager himself, so he may verywell have the authority and the responsibility for firing people. However, OP could explain to his flame that it's his boss that's firing her and he's just the messenger, then he can follow it up with a consoling dinner and a night time massage to sooth her.

Could be, but the way it's said in the FML gave me the idea it's none of OP's business to fire anyone.

Sir_ND_Pity 35

37 - Actually, the FML is not so much having to go and fire the workers (though that does suck). What OP is trying to point out by telling us about the people he has to fire is that it sucks that one of those is his love interest :) which does suck, so FHL :(

KaiCer0 8

Make sure to let her know how you feel beforehand and explain that it was his decision and not yours. Let her know how much of a hard worker you know that she is

You can still ask her out, just don't fire her at the same time.

"Hey, you wanna go out? Oh, and by the way, you're fired" Sounds good to me

Just tell her that you will support her well she finds a new job.