By Jen - 11/02/2011 09:02

Today, I opened my car door on reaching destination and my dog escaped. I never found him. My destination was the vet's office to get him micro-chipped. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 895
You deserved it 6 337

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So you opened the car door without either having a leash on the dog or ready in case your dog tried to bolt? Sorry to say but YDI.

That sucks op. My dogs always try to escape when I take them to the vet, but luckily I have a leash on them.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
EmoLittleBish 0

THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED WITH MY CAT LUCKY (ironic, ha but we found him lost as a kitten) anyway I never found him =(

Less money to spend, not if it was a thousand dollar show dog.

my cat did the same thing and showed up at our door two weeks later

BigBagel 0

my dog ran away one time and when it came back, it went to our neighbor's house instead. stupid ******* dog.

That sucks op. My dogs always try to escape when I take them to the vet, but luckily I have a leash on them.

mintcar 9

Oh man that sucks. Too bad it wasn't a cat. I kid, I kid. Back off cat lovers!

My kids love to run when I take them to the vet. That's why I keep leashes on them. People never seem to realize how great animals goats are.

no offense to you but I don't get why people refer to their pets as kids. They are animals not kids, unless you were referring to a young goat.

82, no offense, but maybe you should read the whole post before you reply and not just the first sentence. Especially when it's only 3 sentences long.

82 u r a dumbshit kid is the name for child goats u know like kitten for cats

Mads_1234 28

#82, are you stupid? At the bottom of the post it DID say goats.

So you opened the car door without either having a leash on the dog or ready in case your dog tried to bolt? Sorry to say but YDI.

Gotta love it. I wish they had a Darwin award site for pets. My Dad had a dog that was leashed to a tractor. It ran around it till the 50 foot leash was up, jumped over it and hung himself.

jtini001 4

ever heard of putting your dogs on a Leash or in a carrier when you take them to the vet? YDI.

As much as that sucks, you TOTALLY deserve it for not having your dog on a leash.

I'd have to agree with the others. You must have known he tries to run if you were getting him micro-chipped, and you didn't bring a leash. YDI.

stonergirl411 0

just bc they were tryin to get their dog microchipped doesnt mean the dog always runs away you **** tard. i get mine microchipped in case bastards like you steal them

I'm sure the guy who stole your dog will bring him in to get the microchip scanned, you fucktard.

Wow, it wasn't necessary to be an asshole about it. It was just an idea. Plus, I would never steal someone's dog. I love dogs and I know the owner would be heartbroken if their dog was stolen just as I would if one of my dogs was be stolen.

before I was born, and im sure before microchipping my mother owned two show dogs, both pure bred rottweilers and one day some one decided to steal them, why anyone would steal a dog is beyond me but the only thing my family had left of them was the one puppy they kept, the dog I then grew up with, despite people thinking my mother was crazy for having a large rottweiler around a baby. What im getting at here is people shouldnt have to worry about losing or having their dogs stolen and rottweilers are great no matter what you say, its not the bred its the owner that makes them mean.

What a failed thread. The VET will scan for the chip, moron. If the dog is reported missing and a pic or description is sent to vets in surrounding areas, they’ll scan the dog that meets the description “nobody will scan” bs