By WiltedFlower - 31/07/2009 16:02 - United States

Today, I gave my wife of four years a special anniversary gift: a red rose dipped in liquid gold so that she would cherish and admire it forever. She told me it was too "Italian" looking. I now have a hundred dollar rose sitting in my office. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 249
You deserved it 6 378

Same thing different taste

Top comments

No offense, but your wife is an ignorant bitch.

boatkicker 4

aww. I'm sorry. that sucks. What does too "Italian" mean? whats wrong with italian looking things?

Comments

Whoa! That is such a great idea!!! I just looked up on line those kind of roses (for this is the first i'm hearing of it) and they are soooooo pretty!! If my boyfriend gave me something like that, that would be the sweetest thing!! He would sooo get some "alone time" with me ;3 Your wife should be happy with your thoughtfulness. If she doesn't appreciate you and your amazing gift, then she can stick that gold dipped rose up her ass. She is lucky to have you!

tbh, it sounds like a pretty dull present to me. You can buy anyone a rose. It's not particularly personal and it's not like it really takes much thought either, because presumably the company that makes them came up with the idea. Jesus, it's not like the OP's walked on water for his wife or something! If she doesn't like it she's perfectly entitled to say, doesn't mean she's a stuck up bitch! :/

their for... LOL. OP: $100 isn't a whole lot. If you hate it you can try selling it. At least it's gold.

indian_goddess 0

OP, that's got to be the sweetest present ever.

did you deliver it in your iroc z in a velour sweat suit jacket unzipped to show your hamburger meat?

Get a new wife. Or better yet next year buy her something for you with your name on it- that way when she doesn't want it you will! ;) Gee what a selfish person.

I looked up how these roses look after being dipped. I'm not sure I'd want one, to be honest, but if my guy handed me one, I'd accept it and place it somewhere where it can be admired, and even forgotten (on a shelf, out of the way, but in sight still...or in the China cabinet/display case). Personally, I LOVE the wooden roses, they come in several colors and look really nice. As for the "It's too Italian" comment....that's rude, racist, and just stupid.

laurentaylorbby 0

that's sad. i think it would be a sweet gift, i would definitely accept it, definitely cute.

What exactly are golden roses good for? Mine's been cathcing dust on a shelf in its unopened package for over 10 years now.