By Anonymous - 11/11/2009 00:28 - United States

Today, I found out that I'm 8 weeks pregnant. Tomorrow, I'm supposed to be leaving for Paris with my college abstinence group for a year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 409
You deserved it 81 035

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I suppose... you could say... that this lady... [puts on shades]....Just got screwed YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i guess thats what you get for being a hypocrite.

Comments

At least now the group can use her as an example for what not to do!

burnquist764 0

HA! Take that, abstinence! YDI for being a hypocrite. Go get yourself an abortion.

theteal 0

Hmmm I call bullshit. She's pregnant and going on an abstinence only YEAR long trip to France of all places? It seems a little too coincidental for me. I have only heard of a few abstinence only groups and not one who takes a year long trip (as a group) anywhere. OP if this is true YDI! Obviously you have access to the internet and can't be completely ignorant about diseases and pregnancy (as abstinence only usually promotes the fact that sex spreads disease). You could have just googled and got information about how to practice safe sex if you didn't know. Instances like this are preventable if you use your brain a little more.

letitbe56 0

There's nothing wrong with abstinence, but you gotta practice what you preach.

youthink_fml 0

did you sleep with the guy who thought makeup was birth control?

Enjoy Paris! It's beautiful this time of year.

Punkartmama 0

#74 is right on! Those two MUST have gotten together! YDI

capthavoc123 0

Okay, getting pregnant out of wedlock, not so bad. Lots of people do it these days. Having sex before marriage? Also not a big deal. Only the real fundies say that's bad anymore. But joining a group of people where you make the promise to abstain before marriage, and then not only having sex but also being dumb enough to get pregnant? You totally deserved it.

I agree with this mostly, except it's possible she did use protection and got pregnant anyway. Condoms break, and Plan B can be frighteningly difficult to obtain.

plan b is frighteningly difficult to obtain? since when? you can go to any clinic, planned parenthood, pharmacy to get plan b. the pharmacy is the only place that will charge you the full $40something, anywhere else can provide it for free or a lower rate if you are over 18 (or whatever age the consent may be where you live).

YDI for being an hypocrite. You know what? 8 weeks pregnat you can still get an abortion in France.