By Anonymous - 11/11/2009 00:28 - United States

Today, I found out that I'm 8 weeks pregnant. Tomorrow, I'm supposed to be leaving for Paris with my college abstinence group for a year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 409
You deserved it 81 035

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I suppose... you could say... that this lady... [puts on shades]....Just got screwed YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i guess thats what you get for being a hypocrite.

Comments

Next time you might want to take your morals more seriously there OP.

yourkiddingright_fml 0

Why would you join an abstinence group if you knew you don't want to be abstinent? Wtf?

Okie7123 0

Maybe she had a burning desire to be the poster child of what the abstinence group doesn't want you to do. Haha. When are people going to learn, abstinence only has been proven not to work. Education is the best way. "The Education of Shelby Knox" is a great documentary on this. (Quick run-down. Lubbock, Texas does abstinence only education and isn't even allowed to tell the students a thing about sex but, "abstinence till marriage". Teens get bored, and in the words of Jimmy Buffet, "Get drunk and screw". Lubbock has something ridiculous like a 2/3 pregnancy rate and double the national STD rate.

Thanks Okie, I'll definitely check that out!

Hypocrite. You're going to have sex but you're also going to preach to other girls about being virgins? xD you should probably now promote safe sex instead of abstinence. We all know that doesnt work.

Okie7123 0

And you thought you'd get sympathy on FML why?..................

IMB916 0

YDI for being part of an abstinence group. get off ur high horse, *****

YDI for pretending you're something that you're not. Karma wins.

why...............would you even be in an abstinence group if you weren't going to commit to it. I'm just saying, what's in it for you if you aren't actually trying to abstain from sex? *confused*

Because mocking religion is a great way to make yourself look smarter. Why not learn about it (not saying you have to believe it) instead of making fun of what you don't understand?

erm.. this comment didn't mention anything about religion - nor did they mock it. they just mentioned that abstinence is ridiculous as it is - we are animals evolved from apes - it is not programmed in our evolutionary development to abstain from sex. rant over :)

yeah i commented on another one feel like a bit of a twat now haha but to the guy who was slagging off religion - why?? i dont believe in religion but people believe what they feel is true get a life.

I can understand joining an abstinence group for a trip to Paris, but what exactly does an abstinence group do?

perdix 29

Nothing! Damn, I wish I knew about this group when I was in high school -- I could have traveled the world! I was on a strict abstinence plan then, but not for lack of trying to violate it. Ugliness is the best birth control. I guess their purpose is to bring their philosophy to the French people. The OP is going to be Exhibit A.

expen_dable 0

the abortion pill has been legal in the USA for a while, you can get it at many Planned Parenthoods. it makes the woman bleed heavily, cramp, vomit, etc. for 12 hours so most just go for the surgical (vacuum) kind.

Silentknight 0

to # 12, "anonacs", yes, because women get pregnant all by themselves.