By Anonymous - 11/11/2009 00:28 - United States

Today, I found out that I'm 8 weeks pregnant. Tomorrow, I'm supposed to be leaving for Paris with my college abstinence group for a year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 409
You deserved it 81 035

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I suppose... you could say... that this lady... [puts on shades]....Just got screwed YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i guess thats what you get for being a hypocrite.

Comments

LOL OMFG. YDFuckingI. xD Seriously? Wow, it's like women are bred solely to end up being ****** or something, thanks for reinforcing that theory, OP xD

What does an abstinence group do in Paris of all places for a year?

seriously? wow, it's like morons are bred solely to end up being misogynistic dumbasses or something, thanks for reinforcing that theory, internet superstar "failuristic"

perdix 29

When I was in college, I went to an abstinence group meeting just to laugh at the prudes. Boy, was I wrong! To them, sex means penis+****** and nothing else. They had all kinds of posters and video discussing the benefits and techniques of anal and oral sex. I had to go home and crank one off before the live Dirty Sanchez demo began.

DrPizza 0

It's a simple problem with a simple solution; get an abortion. Then have a good time in Paris and use the goddamn pill.

why would you join an abstinent group if you're not abstinent? that makes no sense. ydi.

i'm calling her a **** because MOST of the time, you don't get pregnant the first time you have sex. So, i'm assuming she's sleeping around. Even if she does have a boyfriend, she should have either not had sex, or not joined the group. Appeasement is not a good enough excuse - if she wanted to be sexually active, she should have the guts to stand by her decision and not be a hypocrite. For the record, I think the word "prude" is stupid and see nothing wrong with abstinence being an option. Too many girls are becoming sexually active waaay too soon because of societal pressure to just "do it already". I myself am still a virgin, and I'm proud of it. Since the OP is in college, I'm not condemning her for having sex, only for being hypocritical.

i think you're understating the value of appeasement here. this is just a theoretical scenario, but bear with me for it. it's not unreasonable to accept that her parents could be paying for her college, but with some conditions, namely that she adheres to their morals or whatever and remains abstinent until marriage. given that, most full time students are incapable of paying their own way through college without crippling loans, so in this case what would she be expected to do? sure she could excise sex from her life but i find it'd be unreasonable to expect that she should have to give up sex just so she can get an education. alright, throwing aside the theoretical, because honestly it doesn't have that much weight here, i feel like you're being too critical by assuming that she's sleeping around just because she got pregnant. far too many people in monogamous relationships end up with unwanted pregnancies, and for all we know, her sex life involves her and a boyfriend having sex on a regular basis. if that's the case, she's far from a **** and you'd be unfairly judging her.

I agree with kids being forced to do it too young. I lost it a week before I turned 18, my sister lost it when she was 13 traumatized her self, and is now scared of sex / seeing a councilor cause it was just too much for her to handle. from what she told me she knew nothing about sex, but our parents put her on bc thinking it would just be a good idea. so she knew she could do things, a guy talked her into it she didn't really know what sex was that it was just pleasurable and it traumatized her. even at 17 it was still weird for me. I didn't feel right for a few days after, but it soon cleared up. if I was younger I could see my self kinda getting creeped out.

( my edit time ran out) also you can get pregnant on your first time. it happens a lot cause girls think they can't don't use protection and get preggers. also she mite not have been sleeping with many guys just one, she could have a boy friend and be sleeping with one person many times. I am still with my first and engaged to him, so its highly possible she has one bf, that she slept with. or she has had two bf's in her life time and the current one got her pregnant. just cause a girl isn't a virgin doesn't mean she is the town bike

I know what you mean. My girlfriend was repeatedly raped when she was 12. It went on for about a year while she was at a private school. She never told anyone because 1) she had no idea what they were doing to her. And 2) when she finally started to understand, she was too scared to tell anyone. Even one of her teachers had sex with her, but as I said, she never told anyone, and it's now too late to do anything about it. They were the only ones that knew, so there's no case. Just the word of teacher vs. pupil. I'm actually the first person she's ever told, and more than likely the last. Although, unlike your sister, she's not scared of sex, or anything to do with it, but she does have trust issues with some people. The people that did it were people she trusted, and they used and abused that trust, so she doesn't let people get as close to her as other people would. I'm one of the very few that she does trust 100%. But to the OP...YDI for being in an abstinence group and having sex, unprotected or not. The whole point of abstinence is NOT having sex. No sympathy from me on this one.

dru67 0

i can make sex for you and your sister REEEEAAAALL nice!

zander09 0

You'll be able to get an abortion easier and cheaper in France. Stop worrying so damn much.

Dixie_Normous 0

YDI for being a hypocrite, but I will give you props for being living proof that abstinence programs don't work. Think of all the taxpayer dollars that are thrown at abstinence-only sex ed programs...programs that have been PROVEN BEYOND ANY DOUBT TO BE INEFFECTUAL....and then think of all the kids getting pregnant. Abstinence programs don't work...it's been shown that girls who have participated in abstinence programs are actually MORE likely to get pregnant, not less. The only reason these programs exist is that they make parents and religious groups feel better; other than that, there's absolutely no reason for them to not be scrapped as a waste of time and money. And this waste of money is courtesy of the "fiscally conservative" right-wingers. Thanks, guys.