By Anonymous - 16/09/2012 15:32 - United States - Acton

Spicy
Today, I found out I'm pregnant. Yesterday, I finally came to my senses and started using birth control. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 804
You deserved it 59 534

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And you didn't have sense enough to use ANYTHING up until now? YDI.

Comments

congratulations, your freedom officially over.

SApprentice 34

That's too bad, and I am sorry that happened to you, OP. Try not to be miserable about it- you have a child now. The mistakes you were making by not using any form of birth control have led to this, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't find joy in what's to come. There's a silver lining. Congratulations, and good luck with the pregnancy. Also, please don't get an abortion, like some people are saying. An abortion is not birth control. You have no right to an abortion, if you have admitted to willingly not using birth control all this time. It would be a horrendously abhorrent of you to willingly get pregnant, then slaughter the child that you knew you would be creating. You knew you would get pregnant without any contraception. If you decide that your life has no room for a child, then at this point choose adoption.

She has every right to get an abortion, depending on the laws where she lives. I'm not saying abortions are a good thing, but you saying she has no right to is just completely wrong.

SApprentice 34

No, it's not. Do you really think women should be allowed to have repeated, very willing, knowingly unprotected sex, as much as they want, then just get pregnant and kill it, all so they can repeat the cycle? No, no one has that right. We have contraception. We have available means to avoid a pregnancy. Personally, I don't believe in abortion, but if a woman is taking some degree of precaution against pregnancy and then gets pregnant, I would keep my mouth shut. It's not my right to force my views on people like that. Other people have the right to make their own decisions. I will, however, complain and argue against women who willingly refuse contraception, then get pregnant, and think it's okay just to have an abortion. Abortions are not birth control. If you refuse to use a condom, spermacide, a block of some kind, take a pill, or get a shot, then you don't deserve to have an abortion. If you don't use any kind of protection, KNOWING the consequences, KNOWING what's going to happen, you should not be allowed to have an abortion. It's pure idiocy. Having sex once without protection and getting pregnant is one thing, but to be having repeated unprotected sex for a period of time without taking any measures and then aborting the child is wrong. I'm done ranting now.

carminecris89 13

-96 Adoption is an option but having a baby can ruin your body and severely changes your life while you're carrying it, not to mention the pain and labor. Adoption also doesn't always work out. Ending up in the system and in and out of foster homes is usually a terrible experience that not everyone recovers from. In this case, op knows she ****** up big time. Knowing that, if she chooses to have an abortion and never let this happen again then she should consider an abortion too. While some people may think it's awful, it might be the best option for her. She ****** up, and if she decides to keep it, find and if not that's okay too. Having an abortion like birth control is usually considered the case when you never use birth control but keep having abortions. Op has learned her lesson so in this case there's nothing wrong with her choosing to enjoy her life as is and not bring another human being into it. She has every "right" to an abortion, who are you to say she does or doesn't?

Actually, OP does have a right to abortion. This is America, people can make their own decisions, poor as they are.

140 - Excuse me, but you ARE in fact wrong. You used the phrase "you don't have the right". Where does it say in any constitution or amendment that a person does not have the right to an abortion (provided it's legal in their jurisdiction), whether it was a rape baby or just stupid decisions? Nowhere. If it's legal to get an abortion, the person has every RIGHT to get one IF they so desire. That does NOT mean it's right to just have casual, unprotected sex just to go and kill the fetus later. It's not right to do that, but you cannot say they haven't the right if legally, they do.

It doesn't matter how you look at it - OP will always have the right to get an abortion unless the legal situation changes.

96, who are you to say she has no right to an abortion. She has every right to it. It's her body her decision. You have no right telling someone what they can't and can do. You are not her mother/father even if, they have as Much right as you do to tell her what she can do.

Too bad the unborn child doesn't seem to have any rights. Trying not to be judgmental but to me, that's still a human life. Way to many people use abortions as a form of birth control. I understand the laws are there to protect victims of rape and incest etc.. But sadly-- it's usually people thinking like the OP did and carelessly not using precautions.

BubbleGrunge 18

I'm going to get real here, and let's faces it we as woman LOVE sex. It is a beautiful thing and as natural as breathing. Telling someone to not have sex because you may get pregnant is like telling someone to not breath because the air is polluted. Should OP have thought sooner about birth control, sure. But, everyone makes mistakes. While having a life forming inside of you can be beautiful as well, not everyone is cut out to be a mother. It is OPs decision what she does with the fetus, and frankly it is no ones business what her final decision is. That is a emotional choice she much make and in the United States she DOES have the right to an abortion should she choice.

Enslaved, while I can understand your reasoning and the emotion behind your thinking, I don't think it has any merit. A fetus during the first few weeks of development does not feel pain, cannot think, and depends completely on the mother to survie, so much so that it can be considered a part of the mother's body and not it's own individual. And the fact that it is a "potential" individual does not matter much because you condone birth control which also stops the development of potential individuals. There is the spiritual view as well, which you are completely entitled to, that spiritual life begins at conception, or the baby has a soul the moment he or she is conceived. You can choose not to have an abortion if this is what you believe, but not everyone is obligated to believe that, and because this is a secular nation, the fetus should not have rights based on these views that are purely religious and cannot be supported by any scientific research.

Well, on the bright side, now you can stop worrying about birth control for the next nine months.

What sort of birth control? Like those pills, right? If it's pills, I thought you had to start taking them, on the first day of your period...

It's possible to still have periods when pregnant. Especially during the beginning of the pregnancy.

But why did she then check to see if she were pregnant?

GoodluckElly 13

Some birth control you start taking right after your period so she might have ended her period,had sex and then started birth control

There were no signs that you were pregnant? No late period or change in your mood? What made you take a pregnancy test?

Ill effects of a pregnancy (i.e. the early indicators) don't show up immediately... they take weeks. And perhaps they got a blood/urine test for some other reason and the doctor noticed her levels were off, indicating she was pregnant.

155- I really didn't think about any of that. That was a stupid question. Thank you for not being mean about it.

Congrats! A year from now, you will be thanking God for a precious miracle that is going to change your life forever.

Obvious8 3

Why does everything come from God? Hitler was someone's baby too. Maybe his mother thought about abortion but didn't because it was "God's Child"

138, Hitler's mother did think about having an abortion but was talked out of it by her doctor. Look it up. :0 Still doesn't change my personal view. To each their own thoughts on the matter.

GoodluckElly 13

It's not her only option. She could give the baby to parents that want a baby and can't physically have one. Yeah then she has to stay pregnant for 9 months and deal with all the pains of pregnancy but at least she's giving the gift of life to parents that really want it.

I am disturbed that the one and only thing you could possibly think of as a viable course of action was immediate abortion.

Now you have 9 months of birth control!

messinwithu 1