Tonight, on First Dates…

By Single&Broke - 19/05/2022 17:00 - United Kingdom - Swansea

Today, a guy invited me to a first date at a new restaurant. I was going to pay my way, but when he saw how steep the bill was, he insisted that I pay for his meal too, to prove I'm a "real feminist". FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 144
You deserved it 226

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The fact that he couldn’t pick someplace more reasonably priced indicates that he’s a “real jackass.”

Comments

The fact that he couldn’t pick someplace more reasonably priced indicates that he’s a “real jackass.”

mattiagardin 15

He's not wrong tho. Plenty of women do this asking guys to prove they're "real men"

He's a jerk because he was the one who asked her out and chose the place. Whether there are women expecting "real men" to pay or not is irrerelevant.

He picked the place. He should be prepared to pay his half of the bill at the very least.

Nikki 16

Your either going out with the wrong women or your not going out with any women and are just making assumptions

Whoever does the inviting should be prepared to do all the paying. If they insist, you tell them they can pay next time when they invite you.

I assume you'll now help him save money on his next date with you by not having it at all.

I'm fine paying for my date's meal regardless of who asked who, but his asshole usage of feminism like it's an insult would've ensured he was washing dishes for his half. He could've simply asked for help. Instead, he dragged his shitty baggage about women out and flung it at you.

Nikki 16

It’s ironic that he used feminism against you when it’s belief is that men and women should be equal, for you to be a ‘real feminist’ you’d still be making him pay his half

kitten79TX 5

And he can be REALLY single. what a dick.

Grumpy Jack 26

The answer is no. Pay your half and walk away. Do not see this jerk again.