By young grandpa - 17/06/2013 22:49 - United States - Statham

Today, I found out I'm going to be a grandfather. I'm 29, my son is 13 and the girl in question is 16. FML
I agree, your life sucks 66 110
You deserved it 40 840

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Jackasss_fml 14

Now if your grandson gets a child, you'll have done what takes most a century to do, in less than half. Congrats, future great grandpa!

Comments

amw4020 5

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
gameofthrones_fml 12

Oh yes, because teen pregnancy only happens in the United States.

Chellybelly92 14

Teen pregnancy isn't a fad either.

16m must not have gotten enough oxygen at birth

Actually I prefer later in the evenings, morning breath can be a serious issue.

Mate, you banged a chick when you were probably 15 (due to germination time), so boo hoo, you did pretty much the same thing...

Germination? We aren't talking about garden fun facts for *******. I believe that you meant GESTATION.

Or he still could have been 16. Humans don't gestate like elephants, we only take 9 months. Not 12. And I feel like I'm the only one that approves of OP considering how he actually stepped up to the plate and became a father, rather than just abandoning the child and mother.

Some father he turned out to be, his son is having a kid at 13

#196 no your not the only one. thankfully my husband stepped up when I got pregnant young. too many people judge stuff they know nothing about. I'm sure he did the best he could to raise his son. kids will be kids. they don't always listen to what we say. it doesn't matter how old we are when we have our kids, they will do what they will. we can only try to educate them on life and hope for the best. but unfortunately peer pressure is a bitch and most kids succumb to it. in their minds its easier to just be like everyone else to fit in rather than stand apart. and today from what I see on tv and in our local communities, teen sex and drug use is becoming more popular. it is the "in" thing to do despite what people think.

subiedude08 17

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Ducreaux 7

Everyone here throwing "hyprocrite" around is an idiot. If you are a parent who smoked crack when you were younger, does that mean you can't be upset when your child does it 20 years later? Smfh. Sorry op

Of course you can be upset but not surprised. I never bought the whole "Do as I say, not as I do".

"Do what I say, not as I do" is a terrible phrase and quite hypocritical. "Do as I say, not as I did" is one where you made a mistake, learned from it and are asking your child to not repeat. Unless OP is still going around making babies with other ladies, he would be saying the second phrase and that is what a good parent does.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Neither was the girl he did it with..

CookieLovesBoo 16

They both knew what they were doing ,I know ignorant kids who do drugs at the ages of 11-18 and have sex . They know what they're doing .

monnanon 13

calling this situation rape is an insult to true victims and technically it is only statutory rape if one partner is above the age of consent (dont know if this is the case here). the girl being the older one also does not automatically make her the instigator.

82) Rape jokes show real maturity. Rape is one of the very few subjects *most* people don't joke about as everyone has a mother and alot have sisters. I dont mean to get serious on a site full of stuff thats meant for ***** and giggles but somethings are best unsaid and some subjects are best not joked about.

Reported for False litigation considering rape and statutory rape. Get over yourself, #25

TheDrifter 23

Some places in the USA the age of consent is 12 (with limitations on partner age), so it may not even be statutory.

@61 it's only statutory rape, it's not "rape-rape"? Thank you, Whoopi Goldberg. I suppose you think what Roman Polanski did was OK, too. The reason laws like that are on the books is that *13 is too young to consent to sex*. That 13 year old has no appreciation of what it means to father a child. You have to wonder what a 16yo girl sees in a 13yo boy anyway. There's quite a difference in maturity that happens over those three years.

It's not rape as they are both under 18. And the maturity level between 13 and 16 year olds isn't that much of a difference. When I was 16 the males were like preschoolers

329- I guess that depends where you live then. Here, the age of consent is 14, but ONLY if the other person is the same age as you. Otherwise you both need to be over 18. So it would legally be considered rape for a 13 year old to have sex with a 16 year old.

I hate it when people say that. Someone who is thirteen can certainly consent. He knows what sex is, he consented to it. Stop being ridiculous.

335- weird I live in NH and as far as I am aware rape is statutory only if one is 18+ legal age

monnanon 13

327 you are stepping over the line. a sixteen year old and a 13 year old having sex is not the same as a grown adult and a child. as i understand it Polanski was a grown man when he was with that girl thay is a completely different situation. it is quite frankly disgusting and damaging to real cases that you equate the two. there is not a single thing in this fml to indicate that thisbwas anything more than sex between two people that wanted it. it is wrong on the level that it is children and that it might be statautory but that is it.

#317 12??? where the hell do you live. in Texas its 17 which I feel is young enough. what 12 yr old is mature enough to make a decision about sex?

Oh, 317 was just blowing smoke. Based on the mapped numbers I've seen for the U.S., the ages of consent are 16, 17, or 18, depending on the respective state.

actually, in texas it's fourteen as long as both parties are 17 or younger.

Your kid is just following the example you set. You should have educated him on the consequences of sex since you obviously know them first hand.

jaquie9 7

his kid is 13 maybe he thought it was too early for the sex talk. when is the right time for that

One should usually have it once puberty starts, which for most people is at 10-12 years of age. You don't have to explain every single detail, but at least cover the important stuff. [Protection, hormones taking over, danger of teen-pregnancy.]

yesyesnonono 10

I'm an adult and have never had the sex talk. I'm sexually healthy and childless. It's not terribly difficult to figure out.

CommonSenseKarma 17
CookieLovesBoo 16

Sorry I didn't see this comment I wish I could delete mine