By ChaoticGamer - 23/12/2015 15:15 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I woke up to a horrible smell only to realize that my dog had peed all over my leg cast during the night. I can't get another one because the closest doctors are all on Christmas vacation. Guess this is an early Christmas present from my dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 804
You deserved it 1 902

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Get yourself some hydrogen peroxide, saturate the areas where the urine is, then saturate the same areas with a pet odor deodorizer. Perhaps try some baking soda coated on there to absorb odors?

I got a pen cap stuck in my cast when I broke my foot. I have a scar now. I think you have it worse... Sorry OP.

Comments

I got a pen cap stuck in my cast when I broke my foot. I have a scar now. I think you have it worse... Sorry OP.

They have washable cast now a days. OP Im sorry your dog pissed on it. Ask for a washable one next time.

As if a cast wasn't bad enough in the first place! Maybe spray it with some Febreze until you can get it changed.

That's what I am doing lol so far it seems to get rid of some of the smell

2 tablespoons of bleach in a gallon of water. Put it in a spray bottle and spray until just damp. Let set for 5 min then take damp cloth and rinse. Should clean it nicely

Get yourself some hydrogen peroxide, saturate the areas where the urine is, then saturate the same areas with a pet odor deodorizer. Perhaps try some baking soda coated on there to absorb odors?

Before anyone asks I'm a professional carpet cleaner, and I think it'd be ok to do that for a cast.

Woah interesting definitely going to try that!

There's some stuff that I think 3M makes, its an odor neutralizer that works super well (albeit you'll smell like recently cleaned restroom) but its non bleaching and comes in a small bottle. Try it out if you want, it might be all of 10 bucks online

baking soda does do the job. my cat had pissed all over my brother's bed and we just dumped a shit ton of baking soda. it eliminated the odor quickly and soaked up the urine.

I guess this is Santa's way of taking the piss.

Maybe if you call around you'll find someone. They'd understand and probably wouldn't want your cast to just sit and get nasty.

Pee on his bed and say that the dry cleaners are closed for Christmas

Because dogs know what dry cleaners and Christmas are don't they? Not to mention the fact that that is just plain mean.

I don't think your dog loves you. my dogs have never peed on me..

On the contrary, dogs pee on things they class as theirs. So perhaps it's the other way around.

mayb try using febreze...might be able to get rid of the odor