By bummed - 10/01/2010 05:35 - United States

Today, I finished up a week of this new "Liquid Foods" diet I learned about from a friend. After a week of denying myself of my favorite foods and eating only non-fat yoghurt and smoothies, I have not only gained 2 pounds, but have diarrhea. Just in time for my anniversary. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 425
You deserved it 31 749

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should know better than to try fad diets. Most liquid foods are high fat anyway, so it's no wonder you gained weight. As for your diarrhea, what did you expect from not eating any solids?

Did you even bother researching it first? I mean I'm not a health nut, but all yoghurt and smoothies just sounds like a bad idea to begin with.

Comments

catkat1988 17

What higher purpose did that serve? Losing weight, right? So you figured attempting to lose weight by denying yourself actual food was a wise idea... Can you think of a mental disorder where the patients think the same? Not saying you're anorexic, of course, I'm just mentioning a similarity (before anyone chews me to pieces, yes, I do know that anorexia nervosa is a complicated disorder, and not eating for a week in no way amounts to having anorexia). But eating only smoothies and non-fat yoghurt for a week is nowhere near healthy in any kind of perspective - you actually need calories to keep your body going, and you need to eat a variety of different foods to get the right nutrients. Under- and malnutritioning yourself serves no purpose, and will not make you feel cleansed and full of energy. Eating enough healthy foods and exercising regularly will, though. And as others pointed out, it's not even weird you gained weight, the moment your body senses it doesn't get the food it needs, your metabolism slows down.

YDI - How can you NOT know what eating nothing but liquids does?

ToonAddict 0

YDI. Low fat yoghurt and smoothies? You drank nothing but SUGAR! Low fat does not mean LOW SUGAR! Read the labels next time. Oh, and try a green tea and water detox next time before embarking on your next fad diet. Perhaps the Atkins?

If you eat nothing but liquids, of course you're going to have diarrhea! If you want to lose weight watch your calorie intake and exercise.

I know it's harder to do, but when you lose weight the healthy way (exercise and good eating habits) you'll feel really good about yourself. No one will be able to call you anorexic or say you haven't earned it, and everyone will be jealous of your ability to reach your goals.

Haven't you heard about that study three years ago where they found that consuming low-fat dairy products leads to infertility? I'd stay away from the low-fat yogurt if I were you.

exercising works, not diet. lol. noobs.

Least the stinch from your over worked asshole will take away from the smell of your cheesey ****** when he is beating it doggystyle on your anv.

cheer222 0

yeah ur gonna poop it all out.