By bummed - 10/01/2010 05:35 - United States

Today, I finished up a week of this new "Liquid Foods" diet I learned about from a friend. After a week of denying myself of my favorite foods and eating only non-fat yoghurt and smoothies, I have not only gained 2 pounds, but have diarrhea. Just in time for my anniversary. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 425
You deserved it 31 749

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should know better than to try fad diets. Most liquid foods are high fat anyway, so it's no wonder you gained weight. As for your diarrhea, what did you expect from not eating any solids?

Did you even bother researching it first? I mean I'm not a health nut, but all yoghurt and smoothies just sounds like a bad idea to begin with.

Comments

if you went on a real liquid diet you would most certainly lose weight... I work in the kitchen of a hospital and there is no way in heck to gain weight on a clear liquid diet.

hyperbolic_duck 0
McCarthyBros 0

YDI ...I had to lose 23 pounds to enlist in the AF. I'm down 10 lbs in three weeks because I watch what I eat, drink mostly water (almost no soda), and exercise daily. If you want to lose weight, there are effective, safe ways to do so without a fad diet.

yeah thats how you loose weight, but pooping everything out

A diet high in fruit can replace a diet high in other carbohydrates (bread etc) only if the fruit is solid, otherwise you're not getting any fibre. Yoghurt is full of things that are good for the digestive system but you don't need lots of it. And smoothies have hardly any nutritional value. Any major dietary change, whether it's a healthy one or a fad, tends to have unpleasant side effects at first as your body adjusts so starting any diet a week before a special event was stupid. I feel bad for your husband.

jcpt1984 0

YDI... it's been said over and over, but that's because it's true: a healthy diet and exercise regimen are the BEST way to lose weight - not these fad diets. Diets should involve a change in lifestyle - otherwise, when you get to the weight you want to be, you'll eat yourself back to your old weight.

So do you believe everything people tell you or just magic-either way you are an idiot. Question how things work because any diet high in fats and sugars is asking for weight gain. Also, the human bowls aren't designed for a ton of dairy especially as they age. This was a recipe for disaster. Diet and exercise are always the answer and always have been. If you don't believe in special diets try a calorie diet i.e. eat less food. Then you can improve health further with a few vegetables and certain meats like fish.

EmRose 0

wow you people are all so ******* rude on your comments, like any of you are perfect... sorry tht you gained 2 lbs that sucks. bt if you really want to lose weight eat less than 2000 calories a day

YDI you dumbass. Of course denying your body solid foods and then re-introducing them is going to play havoc with your digestive system. Not to mention the fact that all "liquid diets" you are considering doing should be fully discussed with a doctor before even attempting them due to the health risks involved. I hope your diarrhoea continues until you learn your lesson.

hey OP, YDI...seriously...YOUR BODY NEEDS SOLID FOOD!! if you go long enough without consuming some kind of solid food, your body will lost its ability to digest it properly...dont believe me? this is the same problem that some sufferers of sever anorexia can develop, and at that point they are forced to eat a liquid diet....PLEASE DO NOT DESTROY YOUR BODY WITH 'LIQUID ONLY' DIETS.

youthink_fml 0

Diets are for lazy people. Just eat right and get some damn exercise. YDI.