By dancer, not a hooker... - 05/05/2013 05:01 - Canada - Penticton

Today, I finished a dance competition. With competitions, it requires you to wear a lot of makeup like false eyelashes and red lipstick. I went into a Starbucks to get a coffee and a boy around 18 asked me, in all seriousness, what my rate is for one night. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 567
You deserved it 11 663

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dancers dont make much money, I think you found your new calling.

lol that's pretty funny. Would have loved to be there.

Comments

I do the same stuff and walking into stores everyone looks at you like your on crack. Hahaha

That is a good point. I never really thought about it that way before - personally I do actually feel better if I correct someone else's mistake. But you are right - it isn't actually any of my business..

133, you sound like a jerk. Chill out.

sgtcxelite 11

She probably went to Starbucks in between her dances and couldn't or didn't want to bother taking it off when she'd need to put it back on.

death943 10

"Exotic Dancer, not hooker, remember that"

SirTalkaton 22

Did you win the competition? Or did you lose AND look like a hooker?

Who cares what people think OP! Let them look. If people want to make judgements about peoples appearance without knowing anything else about em is their problem. I'm sure they do a lot worse behind their own doors. What an oppressive society in which to live where a person can't openly express themselves even a little.

onorexveritas 23

people are very stereotypical

I don't think that you know what stereotypical means.

let me get this straight. In full makeup for a show, you went out for a cup of Joe, and some John mistook you for a hoe? A young buck at Starbucks thought your makeup meant a hookup? Instead of lipstick on his dipstick, show the dipshit your low kick.

That's insulting..,Jesus what a jerk...

This is when I don't know whether it's a FML or a YDI. That kid is pretty rude and daring, but you could have removed your makeup beforehand.

This FML is in no way a YDI. First of all, what if OP was waiting for the results of her competition and decided to go out for a quick coffee while she waited? What if she had decided to take her makeup off at home and on the way there she decided to stop at a Starbucks for a coffee? There is no law stating that removing makeup is the first thing that dancers have to do after a competition. Secondly, even if she did look like a hooker with all that makeup on that man had no right to be so rude. Since when are hookers the only ones who wear a lot of makeup? He was completely in the wrong for assuming that just because OP was wearing heavy makeup, she was a hooker and then he was even more wrong for assuming that it would be in anyway appropriate for him to go up to her and ask her for her hourly rate.