By Anonymous - 28/07/2012 16:02 - United States - South Bend

Today, I finally met my daughter's boyfriend. He has a face tattoo. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 394
You deserved it 6 092

Same thing different taste

Comments

bargarlm 2
Jordan740 6

I doubt his daughter is dating Gucci Mane.

He's a retired boxer/bad actor. What does it matter at this point?

unknown_user5566 26

27- I think FML placed your reply under the wrong comment somehow. :)

He could be very nice. Your stereotyping. But I'm sorry to hear about the daughter with the boyfriend that has a face tattoo.

*You're. And didn't you just say she is stereotyping, then you said; "but sorry to hear about the daughter... Etc". Expressing sorrow indicates you believe this is a bad situation, because the guy has a tattoo. You stereotyped right after accusing her of stereotyping. Irony!

Epsilonyx 15

I think they were being sarcastic haha.

I don't see why everyone bashes stereotyping and profiling anyway. Its a logical way to get a read on people. If 90% of people with face tattoos are scum (not a real statistic, but for the purposes of this thought excercise just roll with it) is it really that wrong to be a little bit concerned that your daughter is dating one? Out of the context of the FML, we could look at practical stereotyping. Let's take the big one: cops and stereotyping. So you are a police officer, you have a limited amount of time to find those who would cause trouble. Which is a better strategy: randomly choose people to investigate because singling people out might hurt some feelings, or realize that the guy with sagging pants, ripped clothes, tattoos everywhere is more likely to be a criminal, and prioritize getting to him first. If it doesn't lead to an arrest, so what? Profiles are an efficient way to quickly judge with a fairly high 'success' rate.

Stereotyping/profiling is Illegal and if the officer had no just cause to detain and question the individual then harrassment and suspension for the arresting officer is on the cards

Why would the mother stereotype the boyfriend, and potentially be wrong, when she could just spend an afternoon getting to know him? That makes more sense to me.

Would've loved to see your face as they walked through the door. "Hi honey!" *sees boyfriend*, "ohhhh, hiiii".

BubbleGrunge 18

So what OP? I get why you would be slightly put off but having a tattoo doesn't make you who you are. He may a super nice guy!

Maybe... But he could be one of my followers, and everyone hates us.

BubbleGrunge 18

Could be, but OP doesn't know that until she gets to know him!

I have a lot of tattoos but would never get a face tat! I hope it's not a teardrop

unknown_user5566 26

Did he have the fifty-something little blue stars on his face, like that one idiotic girl got (and then claimed she didn't ask for them)? I've never been a fan of face tattoos, but hopefully he still treats your daughter right.

Ok wait, other tattoos are ok with you; just not face ones? I'm not trying to be mean by the way just an honest question after the last tatto FML.

unknown_user5566 26

I didn't say face tattoos aren't "okay", I just stated they are not my cup of tea. On the last FML I didn't really state my opinion on tattoos. My statements were based on how I interpreted the story. I'm quite fond of body modification in general, actually. :) I have 4 tattoos and 14 piercings.

I have no problem with face tattoos. I just personally wouldn't want one. I get judged enough with the ones I already have.

What about facial piercings? And how many of those are ear piercings? Unless?

unknown_user5566 26

87- I used to have my nose pierced, but I took it out. I have 12 ear piercings, which includes 3/4 inch plugs. I have my tongue pierced, and my navel pierced as well. Nothing below the waist, so no need for the "unless?" ;)

Does he have a leather jacket, chains and earrings too? I highly doubt a company would take this guy seriously when he is being interviewed.

unknown_user5566 26

I hope it DOES say that! At least OP would know the boyfriend has the daughter's pleasure in mind. ;)