Young love

By Anonymous - 09/02/2022 10:01

Today, I thought my husband was going to explode the vein in his forehead when our daughter's new boyfriend turned up with a Mike Tyson face tattoo, a weed cigarette in his mouth, and instead of “Hello” all he said was, “What up, grandpa dude. Is Sarah ready?” Our daughter's name is Sandra. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 314
You deserved it 131

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"I'm sorry but it seems you were given the wrong address, there's no one named Sarah here. Have a nice day."

"No weed in the house -- unless you bring enough for everyone." If he brings good shit, your daughter is now Sarah.

Comments

"I'm sorry but it seems you were given the wrong address, there's no one named Sarah here. Have a nice day."

"No weed in the house -- unless you bring enough for everyone." If he brings good shit, your daughter is now Sarah.

Unless you fear for their physical safety, do not get over-involved in your teen or adult child’s love life. Young adults and teens feel compelled to create their own life distinct from their family. Sometimes that leads to pointless rebellion. If your son or daughter is dating someone you really like, it may not last or your child may even decide they don’t like them just because you liked that person. And if son or daughter is dating someone who you don’t like, they could be drawn closer to that person just to prove they are in charge of their own life. Ideally by the time the dating is taking place you will have had the opportunity to teach your son or daughter good values and they will usually ultimately see the best choice for themselves. When your son or daughter is a young adult or teenager you need to use the opportunities that come up to reinforce and describe their goals and values. But it needs to be when they bring such questions or issues up unless it’s an emergency.

Grumpy Jack 26

Just because he called your daughter a wrong name, supposedly because he's a dumbass, kicking his ass out if the house sounds like the best solution.

Could be worse... it might have been a Donald Trump tattoo

Your husband's reaction seems appropriate.