By anonymous - 28/07/2012 13:26 - Lebanon

Today, I went on an overnight airplane flight. I wanted to be comfy so I took off my shorts, threw a blanket over myself, and slept. When the lights came back on, I ran to the bathroom before they served food. After using the bathroom, I noticed I hadn't put my shorts back on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 747
You deserved it 42 477

Same thing different taste

Top comments

princesskb 1

I didn't realize taking your pants off on a plane was a thing people did.

Well, are you a guy or girl? That makes a big difference

Comments

Well, are you a guy or girl? That makes a big difference

More importantly, were you wearing underwear?

Somerandomkidz 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I'm just glad I wasn't the person sitting next to you

It would be hilarious if OP had Spongebob underwear. :)

Boxers are sometimes passed off as shorts in a way unless it is a girl then...boners in the "air".

nutella11_fml 2

121, he did but he had a blanket rapped around and everyone was asleep in the cabin so its all good lool

soccergurrll 8

You do know that Bin Laden was Saudi, not Lebanese, right?

Trix_Disorder 20

I don't think that was what he/ she was going for.

No shoes, no shirt, no service. They didn't say anything about "no pants"

soccergurrll 8

#54 uhhh I was going for the hangover reference? I know that bin laden was Saudi, not lebanese

baileyfryemj 6
22cute 17

In Oregon it is now legal to remove all your clothes to get through airport security.

Yes! Especially if the Original Poster is a guy named Peter. If so, he shall go by Peter Pantless.

princesskb 1

I didn't realize taking your pants off on a plane was a thing people did.

unknown_user5566 26

31- Well, technically it is, considering this FML story. However it *shouldn't* be a thing that people do.

Isn't that why you wear sweats on flights? I know I'm usually in yoga pants or something comfy lol

unknown_user5566 26

48- Same here. I generally don't like wearing PJ's in public, but I make an exception for plane rides.

Only thing that makes sense here is if OP was traveling for business. My husband has to wear a suit when he travels. Even for overnight flights.

The only person I can think of who would wear pjs out in public is Kurt Cobain maybe. Anyways.

But he said shorts. Which aren't part of a suit.

Nah its just looked down upon, like masturbating on the plane...

KiddNYC1O 20

You could do just about anything you want if you're in Global First class...

noonenoeone 22

Can you smoke a bowl in first class?

Ah, true. I should have read more carefully.

ShananaginsLOL 13

It is if u join the mile high club

pandainspandex 19

You took your pants off on an airplane??? Seriously, who does that?

YDI. Why didn't you just wear sweatpants or loose clothes if you wanted to be comfortable? Someone else has to sit in your seat after you're done with it you know. I don't understand how you thought it was appropriate to take off your shorts on a plane. Even if you had a blanket over you.

Airplane seats are gross. No one should remove clothing because so many people sit in them it's just gross. And unhygienic.

It's funny that you have "pants" in your name!

Did you take the blanket with you? That would've helped the situation entirely.

Wouldn't be much of an FML if OP did, though.

zuzupetalsYO 11

OP, did you get arrested when you landed? *quiver

blcksocks 19

I hope you didn't get TOO comfy and also removed the underwear..

cash_monkey72 9

Who said OP was wearing underwear in the first place?

I think the limit of "too comfy" was exceeded when the shorts were removed in public.

As long as there was no morning wood making an appearance I think you're ok- most chicks shorts are shorter than my boxers are...

Anai08 17

I'm sorry, but I can think of no situation ever where it is appropriate to take your clothes off on a plane. You deserve any and all embarrassment OP.

usnwife 18

I've changed clothes on a plane after my daughter spit up on me, which meant I had to take clothes off... But it was in the bathroom. And I put new clothes on. So yeah, taking clothes off and leaving them off - cant think of anything either!

What if your clothes were on fire? I'd say that would be a situation where it was appropriate.

104- Then you run to the captains quarters, and pound on the door, demanding entry as the human torch. Once in, man the plane and do an emergency landing. If they don't let you in, or if you can't fly a plane, open an exit and jump out. No matter how this pans put, you either A. Landed a plane while on fire or B. Jumped out of a plane while on fire, both of which are very badass things to be able to say you did, assuming you survive, and if not, are very badass ways to die.

Stop, drop, and roll! But really, what are the chances of your clothes catching on fire on a plane?