By Rari - United States - Phoenix
Today, I broke up with my fiancé after he cheated on me, and he now refuses to move out of the apartment. I'm even contemplating just offering him my Xbox One as a bribe so I can get him out of my life for good. FML
Add a comment
You must be logged in to be able to post comments!
Create my account Sign in
Top comments
  SixthSinEnvy  |  39

Xbox is always there, it's happy to do whatever you want to do, it's turned on whenever you initiate "playtime". Why would you even consider giving it away? This is why gamers are known to be loners. We got the perfect partner right at home!

  izzajaneful  |  24

If he is living there legally, there isn't anything they can or should do. If he is in fact on the lease, and OP wants out so badly, they might be the one who has to leave.

  Overraine  |  4

even if he wasn't if he has been live there for a couple months they can't. There have been many people who go to a summer home or leave for a few months and come back to find a stranger living there. the cops can't force them out and the owners lost the lawsuits. it really sucks

  Saercia  |  6

Sometimes you can. For instance, if there's a lock you need to get into the building, plus another lock for your actual apartment, you can often change the lock for the apartment but not the building.

  ABlindMan  |  17

It's pretty safe to assume they're both legally owners of it if they were living together and going to get married. Since OP had to consider bribing him to leave, it's again safe to assume that they're both owners, else OP would simply call the cops and have him removed.

By  _kyleG_  |  34

As much as it sucks, it's probably time to start looking for another place- it's pretty obvious your now-ex doesn't much care about you or your desires.

By  brainfueled  |  3

Considering it's not actually legal to just kick someone out without evicting them, OP can't just move him and his things out. Since OP said "the apartment", how stuck she is would depend on if both their names are on the lease. If both names, and rent is up to date, she can't kick him out and neither can the complex. She would have to talk to them about what she can do to move out herself.

  brainfueled  |  3

Yes, she does have equal right to be there. I didn't say she doesn't. But, since he is refusing to leave, she might not have any choice but to move out herself.