By Belt issues - 09/06/2016 12:21 - Canada - Montr?al

Today, I took a train for 5 hours to a remote northern community. My belt broke as I was getting off the train. I went to the only store and bought a new belt. Taking it off to go to bed, the new belt broke. I have to go visit clients today with a shoestring holding up my pants. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 054
You deserved it 1 477

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shoestrings as belts use to be so cool back in the day lol

"Will that be all today, sir?" "Actually, I was wondering if you could tell me how the tensile strength of this belt compares to those of other belts." "…"

Comments

Shoestrings as belts use to be so cool back in the day lol

Just untuck your shirt slightly and use the fold to cover up the string! Best of luck, OP

tantanpanda 26

I guess Muffin top central doesn't look worse than a shoelace for a belt.

Could have bought a stronger belt (: haha sorry OP

"Will that be all today, sir?" "Actually, I was wondering if you could tell me how the tensile strength of this belt compares to those of other belts." "…"

Maybe OP is in a situation where one size is too tight and the nezt size bigger is too loose. I've encountered that problem before.

Hopefully that was the only thing that went wrong for you. Sorry OP.

zeffra13 31

I take it there wasn't time before the meeting to go back to the store and exchange the belt? Most places will replace products that break in the first few days.

That's what you get for going to northern Quebec unprepared!

1. trousers are meant to fit regardless of the belt. if they're falling off they're too big. 2. why do you have only one belt? 3. no friends/coworkers to lend you a belt? slight ydi on this op

I dont think its a ydi. Op explained that they took a train to their meeting. Op might have only been there for one day so no need to pack their whole wardrobe.

Regardless of how well pants fit, if you have nothing to keep the pants up (squishy belly, hips, ass, thighs, etc) they'll do what they want. Otherwise, you have to buy pants too small that'll end up cutting into you.

1. He probably wasn't there for that long therefore did not bring a lot of clothes. 2. He might not have had a coworker or friend with him.

Wear pants that fit? I don't wear belts because my pants fit lol.