By Thanks a lot - 23/10/2015 01:27 - United States - Chestnut Hill

Today, I babysat for my neighbor's brat kid. The mom gave me $15 for 5 hours. I complained to my mom when I got home because last time I got $15/hour. Turns out my mom had told my neighbor that she thought they'd paid me too much last time. Thanks mom. Thanks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 366
You deserved it 2 012

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, don't complain to mother. Complain to neighbor. That is less than the average wage. Still tho your mother should keep to herself rather than saying that. It's almost saying your not worth that much.

MdMan2 23

$3 per hour? That's absurd. You should discuss that with your neighbor. Forget what your mother says.

Comments

RedPillSucks 31

remind your mom that prices have risen dramatically since she was your age.

$3 an hour is ridiculous especially if the kid isn't well behaved

amberdea404 28

15$ an hour is quite a lot. I never got paid with money, mainly food.

Read again. It was 15 dollars for FIVE hours. That's entirely ridiculous.

They are talking about what OP got the first time babysitting. At first OP got $15 per hour. This then they got $15 for 5 hours.

it really depends on what the responsibilities are. like when I babysit I get paid extra if I have to take care of the dog or something.

It's not a lot where I come from. But our minimum wage is about $14/hour. In Australia it's about $18/hour.

To a young person $60 is a lot of money. I would be upset with my mom, and that would be the end of my babysitting until rates are agreed to.

Maybe. Talk to your neighbor about it. If she does nothing to help, maybe you should consider being unavailable the next time she is looking for a babysitter.

If you've informed your neighbors that their child has behavior issues, then that's just insulting getting paid $15. Sorry OP.

Hey, Op. How about you try talking with your mom about why she said that. As well as talking to the parents of the kid.

I can't get ya, if you work for someone you must speak about wage very very clearly, that's the rule one of business :-*

tiger820 20

she is a bad union spokesperson! ? they are supposed to help the workers!