By Thanks a lot - 23/10/2015 01:27 - United States - Chestnut Hill

Today, I babysat for my neighbor's brat kid. The mom gave me $15 for 5 hours. I complained to my mom when I got home because last time I got $15/hour. Turns out my mom had told my neighbor that she thought they'd paid me too much last time. Thanks mom. Thanks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 368
You deserved it 2 013

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, don't complain to mother. Complain to neighbor. That is less than the average wage. Still tho your mother should keep to herself rather than saying that. It's almost saying your not worth that much.

MdMan2 23

$3 per hour? That's absurd. You should discuss that with your neighbor. Forget what your mother says.

Comments

Even if $15p/hr was too much, how is it a logical step to drop to $3p/hr??

that's why you don't talk about how much you earn no matter who it is. no one needs to know

Okay I've babysat a lot and I know that $15/hour is actually really cheap. Some babysitters and nannies charge a lot more. You actually got really ripped off because of your mom and even if she did comment on $15/hour being too much (which again it is not) you also should not have gotten paid $3/hour. If the people you babysat for wanted to lower your rate on what your mom said (which by the way you are the one doing the job not her and if you are old enough to babysit someone you are old enough for them to have to talk to you not your mom when it comes to pay) then they should've lowered it to $8-$10/hour as you just got paid way below minimum wage on that job.