By -insert clever nickname here- - 29/04/2012 23:56 - United States - Seattle

Today, I asked the girl I'm madly in love with out to dinner. When she asked me if I would pay, I jokingly said, "Well, that depends on how the date goes." She looked me up and down and said, "No thanks then." FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 514
You deserved it 15 007

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Guess she can't take a joke. Must not be the one. Sorry OP :(

At least the money you would have spent on the dinner can go towards a girl with a sense of humor !

Comments

I really hate how girls expect guys to pay for their dates. I've been with my boyfriend for over four years and we almost always split it, or if one of us pays, we just agree that the other will pay for the next date.

Uluyara 6

77 - That's entirely irrelevant. My boyfriend and I take turns as well, but that's not at all the same thing as asking someone out that you're not dating. If a guy asked me out, then expected me to pay, I'd be a little put off, and the opposite should be true too.

Any woman who EXPECTS you to pay, isn't worth your time. **** that greedy bitch and fine someone you deserve.

sammyjanette 17

If you have a dinner party and invite friends over do you make them pay for snacks and food? No. You invite someone out you pay regardless of gender.

Was it that girl from match.com who would go out with men just for free food and drinks?

hypersqueakactiv 0

The way op phrased that, maybe the girl thought he meant that he would only pay if he got laid or something. Even though he was joking it just doesnt seem like the right thing to say.

It kinda sounds like she was just going to use you for a free dinner.

firefighterjohn 9

looks like she is just using you for a free dinner

that was an idiotic thing to say - even if you were joking it sounds like you were going to pressure her with expectations, and no one wants that. no woman wants a guy who may turn around after dinner and say "i bought you food now you owe me", and you opened up that interpretation with your joke, also - if you invite a woman out, especially for a 1st date, you should pay. that's the way the game works. if you invite people to your house for dinner do you expect them to bring the food too? you invite - you pay. thats the gig

perdix 29

You are an idiot! It didn't sound like you were asking her out on a date, but engaging a ***** with fees on contingency ;)

You just insulted her OP, of course she would say that. 0_o You basically just said, you deserve a free dinner if you have sex with me. The cost of a meal is all you're worth. I will pay you if you give me some. Be respectful. The person who asks the other person to dinner is of course, paying. And yes, it is ussually the guy. Don't be a cheapo!

I fail to see how saying that in a jokey way is insulting. Sounds more like she needs to get the rod out of her arse if you ask me. Women just have no sense of humour these days, makes me embarrassed to be one...

Sorry bout that ! But that was kinda bitchy on her end :LL