By steak through the heart - 18/11/2014 18:57 - United States - El Monte

Today, I went on a date. I took her out to an expensive steak house. When she was done eating, she got up, said she was married, and told me she only accepted the date because I'd be paying for it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 041
You deserved it 4 125

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sorry op that sucks maybe you can contact her husband somehow

Step 1. Download software for making invoices Step 2. Create an invoice/bill for the evening Step 3. Deliver bill to husband Step 4. Pop popcorn Step 5. Enjoy the show

Comments

I'm sorry op that sucks maybe you can contact her husband somehow

I've heard if husbands/wives that will encourage that for the free meals.

incoherentrmblr 21

She destroyed your bank account, why not destroy her marriage, especially after the way that ended...

Why would her having a nonsexual dinner ruin her marriage? She didn't sleep or even kiss the OP. All she'll have to do is tell her husband was she went out to get a bite to eat with him (no different then if it would have been a female friend.) then came straight home to him. She sounds like a manipulator so I can see her husband siding with her and the OP just looking petty.

If my husband went to dinner with a woman he had just met and that I had never met or heard of, I'd be upset, even if it wasn't anything "sexual". It's still a breach of trust if you're not telling your partner what you're doing. But then again, maybe these people have some sort of marriage agreement where she can use her charm to go get free dinners from strangers.

Breach of trust? Would you be just as upset if instead of a women, it was a gay man that your husband went to dinner with? Clearly your husband isn't interested in him sexually but just ate a dinner at his expense. I'm not saying what the woman did was right, (it wasn't!) and I understand the FML from the OP's perspective. Just questioning why people think that the husband finding out she had dinner with the OP would cause any future problems in their relationship? Are people really that possessive/jealous/controlling about their spouse that they're not even allowed to have friends of the opposite gender without their permission? I wouldn't take advantage of someone like the OP but if I were to JUST have dinner with a guy and it was nonsexual from my side, my BF wouldn't mind because I'm trustworthy and not screwing around. It's just a dinner, was my point. Not a reason for an argument.

well, now, hold on. how did this lady and OP meet? that's what I'd like to know. he obviously knows so little about her, why did he even ask her out in the first place? it's been my experience that if you go out with a person you barely know, you're going to have a pretty bad time. this confirms that... not saying that makes her actions acceptable...

"Hey, this lady costed me a few hundred dollars! Better ruin her life."

IKickPuppiesHard 16

"Hey this woman cost me a few hundred dollars, better ruin her life and make her husbands life better for not being with a manipulator"*

She didn't tell OP that she's married; he thought it was something more. That's the difference. Also, she wasn't going out to dinner with a friend; if my husband went out to dinner with some random woman he just met, you better believe we would have problems. You may believe in all your bullshit now but trust me when it happens to you, you would react the same way.

That must have been harsh... I feel for you, OP. At least you found out now instead of later, though.

Stand up and walk out, don't give her a ride, and don't pay for your meal.

*upvotes both comments because there's actually nothing wrong with them*

Well that's a good meal for you, at least your not stuck with a gold digging, food-****. Who does this kind of thing to people...

I'm so sorry! Don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch for you, not all women are users like her.

Step 1. Download software for making invoices Step 2. Create an invoice/bill for the evening Step 3. Deliver bill to husband Step 4. Pop popcorn Step 5. Enjoy the show

RedPillSucks 31

He's basically outing her to the husband