By rejected4ever - 14/02/2012 18:29 - United States

Today, for Valentine's Day, my boyfriend gave me the half-eaten chocolate bar that I left in his fridge two weeks ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 561
You deserved it 4 192

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least he remembered it was Valentine's day?

You would perhaps prefer that he either ate the whole thing or left it out in the sun so it would melt? Show some gratitude. All I got today was a cigarette butt and a purple nurple.

Comments

lmaoatall 6

Yeah! He posted earlier about single loser day. I know it was a crappy gift op, but did you really have to dump him on valentines?

ppeanutbutter 1

did she say she dumped him? i think not.

lmaoatall 6

You take everything so seriously? I think so!

This isn't the same person who posted earlier about single loser day. Just because there are 2 FMLs about valentines day doesn't mean the same person posted it

Pretty sure lmaoatall was being sarcastic, jeez keep up

122 it's called an FML reference. Some people reference an FML to make two similar stories combine and make different people seem like the same person. It might be hard to catch sometimes but you'll get the hang off it. *rubs 122's head* there you go sport.

Meesersuperman1 4

You're a bitch. I hate girls who expect stuff to be given to them on valentines day.

Torialovesya 0

All I got from my boyfriend was a text saying 'happy valentines xxxx'. That was enough for me

Valentine is not about money spent, but about telling people you love be they spouse friends or family you love them. You need not spend money for that. Your boyfriend may not have anything to spend on you and feels embarrassed. Since you are making a big deal about it what did you get him?

Meraklez1013 9

That's what I'm saying lol AGREE 100%

You're stupid. She's not complaining about the value of the gift, she's complaining that her boyfriend is a lazy asshole that doesn't give a shit. You're a hypocritical idiot. If your partner gave you a half eaten chocolate bar as a Valentine's gift, you'd feel EXACTLY like the OP. Hell, let's give our partners our navel lint and tell them to be grateful, huh? You're trying wayyyy too hard to look "different" or "logical", seriously.

Meraklez1013 9

Okay I understand where u at but it shouldn't matter what ny one gets u or if u get anything at all! But this holiday is wrapped up in gifts that's y u said exactly what u said!! But it shouldn't, if someone just spent time wit u nd no present at all r u styl gonna complain?? I wouldn't cuz they took their time out 2 do that without the material gifts but their time!!!

All I can say is that if you're going to do something, at least make a goddamn effort. I think that applies as much to your grammar as it does to the whole Valentine's Day gift giving itself. 24's argument is almost as retarded as the "kids are starving in Africa" shit.

thiscrazything 1

Really. I would rather receive nothing than some left over piece if crap that was laying around. If you can't put your heart in it, espicially on valentines day, then don't bother.

Do not call me a hypocrite when you do not know me. My husband brought me home a small bag of conversation hearts he got from somebody at his work. He told me happy valentines day and that was that. Like I said it is not about money spent. I guess some people are just materialistic and some people are not. You can not base a relationship on what somebody does for you on one day a year that is a holiday made up by a card company during a slow the of the year.

I get where you are getting at how the old saying "it's the thought that counts" but like I said to someone else, this site is about things that some think that sucked, funny things, and or things that actually sucked.

MickGold 8

I agree! Haters can hate, the truth hurts.

She made a big deal because it was already her half a chocolate bar.

pookberry 4

I don't know why these people are giving you thumbs down rubberduckie... Your comment is perfectly legit.. They must be spoiled materialistic brats... Well that or no one loves them and they're sad/mad that they don't have anyone to spend time with on valentines day... Or rather any day. Happy valentines day :D hehe

Thanks pookberry. I was just trying to say that gifts don't matter. It's ops decision if this is a fluke and he treats her good the rest of the year it should not be a problem. If he treats her as an after thought everyday then it's a problem. People please for the love of god stop letting a card company make you feel bad for being alone or making your feelings hurt when the day does not live up to your expectation.

Am I the only one who thinks pookberry was being sarcastic??

I'll throw this out there as a possibility, though keep in mind I am not suggesting this is the most likely scenario. If the OP were to be an expectant bitch who was nagging their boyfriend about not getting them anything, giving them their rubbish that has been sitting in the fridge for two weeks wouldn't be too unrealistic. It would be a way of really amplifying the "I don't care about Valentines Day" point while also passing on the message that his fridge isn't a bin. As she would be someone who has high expectations of people on the day you could expect her to post a message like this too. But again, this is just one of the possible reasons that she was given this instead of nothing at all, and one of the reasons that in situations such as this we can't really say anything for sure. As such, both commenters points are relevant.

My best friend got me a card and a rose. It made my day!

TheFamilyElf 17

.....umm... Well.. It's the thought that counts?... Sorry, OP. That's sorta insulting.

Here's a smart protip to live by: Valentines Day is like any other day of the year.

So you should show the people you love how awesome they are, and sacrifice the flowery romantic displays and shitty romance films/books/songs to Quetzacoatl.