By lifelike - 29/10/2012 04:23 - United States - Oroville

Today, after weeks of wondering if my cat has a fetish for licking my bed covers, I finally witnessed him licking up an ant off of the covers. Turns out that my bed is infested with ants. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 856
You deserved it 5 367

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tacos_are_good 8

How could you not notice that? o.o

Hey, you should be thanking your cat, he's been dutifully carrying out selfless acts of pest control, just for you. Your cat is a real hero, you know..

Comments

Buy a new bed and get your cat check up for infestation of ants in the body at the vet.

SApprentice 34

It is totally disgusting that you didn't realize your bed has become ant infested. You should be washing your sheets once a week, or bi-weekly. And don't let your cat eat any more ants- they like the bitter taste, but many ants are covered in pesticides, and if your cat eats enough of them he can become ill. ... Seriously, wash your freaking sheets. They become a field of bacteria and death if you leave them there too long. You spend a third of your life in bed. Bedding becomes covered in all your dead skin cells, millions of dust mites, dead dust mites and their waste, all of your sweat and oil and other fluids, any food that you've been bringing to bed, molds that build up in the fibers, and as you've discovered, have the potential for insect infestation. You're going to make yourself sick, OP.

I have a hunch that the ants would be more likely to take up residence in the mattress, and that you are reading a little too much into the FML, good sir..

SApprentice 34

18- The FML clearly states that the cat was licking the ants off of the bed covers, not the mattress. Therefore, good sir, your argument is invalid. Also, I am not a 'sir'.

Actually its totally possible for the ants to be living on the mattress even if an ant was found on the covers so his argument isnt really invalid. Youre right that is disgusting as hell though

20- yes the FML states that there was an ant walking on the covers, I know, but if you put your mind to it, there really is no way that an ant colony is going to establish itself and go unnoticed for several weeks, hiding in a couple of square metres of thin fabric, that will get shifted about every few hours, it's just too damn unstable. The mattress however, is big, thick and has plenty of cavities and whatnot, and it's pretty stable too. Also, it would be pretty easy for any small animal to go unnoticed, hiding out among the springs and foam (or whatever stuffing just so happens to be in there). And as for the whole "sir" thing, this is the internet, such details as gender seem quite redundant when people are communing for arguments sake in an 'ethereal form'.

50- you're 37 and you think that's funny?

Your cat is a very lovely pet, dude. Helping you with your pest problems and all. Though I'm still quite puzzled as to how you didn't notice them. I find it hard not to notice when even a few ants make their way into my room..

Well, I had a few ants crawling across my covers the other day and I didn't notice until one crawled up my leg because my blanket is black and they blended in. Also, I have a retarded cat who frequently licks things like my blankets (or shirts, or the floor, or the couch, etc) for no apparent reason. This leads me to believe that if I had an ant infestation in my bed and my cat was eating them off the covers, I would probably not notice until an ant actually crawled onto my body. Possibly OP has dark blankets and a weird cat like mine, and that's why they didn't notice right away?

RougeRamirez 8

Your next adoption choice: Anteater!!

SosaBoyTellem 6

Well just be happy your not allergic to them like me OP!