By jesspie - 11/01/2013 02:41 - United Kingdom

Today, the abandoned cat that I took in for the night and during bad weather seems to have spread fleas around my house. They're everywhere. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 268
You deserved it 38 250

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You did a good deed for a cat. I commend you.

Don't be such a pussy, get some flea-sprays and take care of that! At least now you have an awesome kitty. :)

Comments

Don't be such a pussy, get some flea-sprays and take care of that! At least now you have an awesome kitty. :)

And maybe bathe the cat for goodness' sake.

chell1894 13

That's to be expected when you take in an abandoned cat. I work at an animal shelter. Not once did a cat come in with no fleas. Just bath him in vinegar (that will kill the live ones) and then put on some flea treatment to kill the eggs. Other wise you'll just have more in a couple days.

kittykat1501 31

You did a good deed for a cat. I commend you.

Just think of the fleas as new friends. A cat lady's gotta start somewhere.

Simple solution: bring in a few flies. They'll naturally gravitate toward the flue, and, after wondering what to do, they'll eventually decide to flee through a flaw in the flue.

Ouch, obviously that nursery rhyme isn't as common as I thought. Well, maybe you can swallow the fleas as a prequel to a spider. Unfortunately, it'll all escalate rather quickly and, well, you'll end up choking down a horse and dying. I'll leave it to you to decide what part of the horse.

There was an old lady who swallowed a fly...

pheebs314 17

That's what happens when you mess with strange animals. You're lucky it isn't something worse. Get some flea spray and learn from this experience. Although, I can't say that you deserve it because that was a nice thing to do.

Strange animals? A cat is not a strange animal, quite common if you ask me. Hence all the cats you always see everywhere, and all the people hoarding them...

I think she meant "strange" as unfamiliar animals. Like new pets

I absolutely agree. It's nice to take in strays from the streets, but you have to be prepared for the mess that they'll bring with them.

Aww poor little guy it's not its fault. You should feel good about giving it a home. There's plenty of stuff to get rid of fleas.

Make a flea circus, I know I would. Man, that's been my dream; fleas doing miniature-hopscotch, doing mini somersaults and jumping to the rhythym of The Entertainer. So many possibilities.

It didn't play when I clicked on it. I think your joke(?) is broken

want to know how to make the fleas flee? Call the itchy bitchy spider.