Supportive

By bopbop - 20/05/2009 01:21 - United States

Today, my brother came out to our family as being gay. My mother starting crying because she "wanted grandchildren." I told her that I was planning on having children. She started crying harder. FML
I agree, your life sucks 74 069
You deserved it 4 369

Same thing different taste

Top comments

junjouromantica 0

What a bitch, for crying for both reasons.

Comments

I'm tired of parents being so self-centered! Always sad that their child is gay because they wanted grandchildren. Always what they want, never what's best for their own children... such as being comfortable with who he is in public and to his family. No, they don't care about that... only that now they won't have grandchildren from that son. Boo-hoo, parents. Grow up.

I find it hilarious that people are calling the mother selfish. Uh... DUH. People are selfish. The gay brother is selfish, too, and so is the OP. Accusing someone of being selfish is the most ironic argument in the world, considering that selfishness and self-interest is universal. You can put it aside temporarily for your loved ones, but it always comes back-- especially in moments of fear or shock, such as the moment the OP's mother just experienced. Of course she's going to be upset. She's not getting something she was counting on, however unrealistic her assumptions were. However, it's likely that she'll get over it quickly and be fine. If that was her only complaint, then I think everything will be all right.

F your mom's life for learning her son is a freak. No one should have to go through that.

Maybe your mom misinterpreted what you were saying, and thought you meant you were going to start having kids RIGHT NOW, or were already pregnant or something? It's a long shot, but hey... either way, FYL.

#33, Are you blind? He clearly started it with because, but that doesn't matter. #30, im using my itouch, so ill obviously have spelling mistakes

Sessee 4

Your mom's a bitch. **** grandchildren.

Okay, how do we not know the mother wasn't crying happy tears when the OP stated she was planning on having kids? My mom would cry if either me and my sister were gay, but if one of us said we were planning on having kids she would be happy, and still cry harder. It's just because my mom is at the "pre-menopausal" stage and is just moody. I think the OP just took it the wrong way. Moms always have tears of joy in defferent ways.

Ouch. What a ****** up Republican family you have. Well, at least the gays will love ya~ #73, you're wrong. There are a lot of mothers who are selfish and want grandchildren and think being gay is going against the fake god they hold. This mother obviously thinks the OP needs a good heterosexual relationship to be happy--which, he or she doesn't. They need the partner that makes them happy not some opposite-gendered jackass so the mom can have some brats to pamper and send home when she's bored.

qazwerty 5

17, in all honesty, the situation is more analogous to a businessman starting two companies, only to discover ONE of those companies never actually brought in any assets or profit. The woman never lost half of her "assets" because they never existed. The OP is not wondering "So what? You still got the other half!" What he is saying is more like, "There is still hope for the other company/for grandchildren."