Spillage

By haytia22 - 24/07/2009 05:01 - United States

Today, I learned that when your gas nozzle does not automatically stop by itself the way it's supposed to, they will continue to charge your credit card as the gas overflows out of your tank until someone notices and yells, "Turn the gas off!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 343
You deserved it 52 397

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ashole1990 10

that is why you aren't supposed to leave your car unattended while you are pumping gas of course i'm assuming you left it, because i think only an idiot wouldnt notice this that is also a possibility though :]

YDI for not paying attention. You deserve to be charged extra for endangering everyone around you.

Comments

Tip to all from an ex-gasjockey. You know how you see people shutting off the pump WITH THE NOZZLE? Yeah, that breaks it. So just use your hand, shut off the pump normally and you'll save gas running down the side of your car next time. I don't understand why people feel the need to slam the machine off using the pump itself... OP you deserve it. Its really easy to notice when gas is running down the side of your car. It smells, it sounds like running water...

Pay attention you moron. Don't get back in your car after you start that thing it can malfunction like that. And you deserve getting charged!

letitbe56 0

Everyone, she's not stupid because she's a woman. She's stupid because there's something wrong with her brain, or the way she was raised. Most women would never leave a gas pump unattended while they were filling up, and there are plenty of guys out there who would. Give the sexism a rest. Trolls, it's not funny.

Fact of the matter is that most women like to reenter the vehicle after they start fueling. From this position, they would most likely be slow to notice such an incident. Also, be careful of static electricity when doing this, please.

I live in Wisconsin, and even in the middle of freaking winter I see pretty much EVERYONE, standing at the pump manually pumping the gas, you must live in a state with some lazy bitches.

lizz1234 0

lol i agree- i'm from WI too. i always wait for the gas to be done pumping before i get back in my car.

Good job endangering others, you lazy asshole. It it REALLY that difficult to stand there and monitor the pump while you fuel your vehicle? Or was it just too much to ask of you to assume some responsibility, because you're such a privileged and entitled little American? (Note to flamers: I'm American as well, as my screen name should hint at, but I hate idiots like the OP who clearly have an air of entitlement about them. Sadly, this is a common trait among our citizens) Next time, stand outside the car and pay attention rather than endanger the lives of others. I don't care what else you think is more important in the minute or two it takes to fill up an average car (unless you're a stupid **** who owns an Escalade, which will take longer and would make me laugh at how much more money you had to spend to pay for the spill) but try to focus your attention on not being a complete **** up.

Hahahhahahahahaha!! What a ******* idiot. I'm sure you get in or barely avoid a lot of car accidents also, with that kind of attentiveness.

misterman2 3

Doesn't matter if he should have noticed the gas overflowing, the damn thing should stop when it's supposed to.

letitbe56 0

Yes yes, let's blame the machine! Personal responsibility is SO 20th century.

Wow... So we don't know that we're suppose to actually pay attention and watch as we pump gas? Even my 12 year old can figure that out. Should have charged double as a dumbarse tax.

Layneebby 0

Uhm, is Colorado a state that is self-serve.? New Jersey isn't so it wouldn't be his fault if Colorado isn't either. I don't see why so many people said they deserve it.