Spillage

By haytia22 - 24/07/2009 05:01 - United States

Today, I learned that when your gas nozzle does not automatically stop by itself the way it's supposed to, they will continue to charge your credit card as the gas overflows out of your tank until someone notices and yells, "Turn the gas off!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 343
You deserved it 52 398

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ashole1990 10

that is why you aren't supposed to leave your car unattended while you are pumping gas of course i'm assuming you left it, because i think only an idiot wouldnt notice this that is also a possibility though :]

YDI for not paying attention. You deserve to be charged extra for endangering everyone around you.

Comments

fylaus 0

Can we agree in calling it fuel??

hell no. we'll call it cologne if we want and the rest of the world can just KMA if they don't like it.

huh?? I never used a gas pump where you'll have to manually stop it. is it an old old old gas station??

Seti_fml 0

sometimes they don't stop for whatever reason, they malfunction. While it doesn't happen often, it happens enough to warrant keeping an eye on it. I thought this was common knowledge, but i suppose i was wrong.

letitbe56 0

Um, that's why you're supposed to stand right there while it pumps, so that you can turn it off if that happens. YDI. What did you do, get back in your car? Because you said credit card, so you didn't have to go in and pay. Because getting in and out can cause static sparks that can start fires. Way to go, behaving in a way that could have hurt a lot of people. Aren't most gas stations making it so that you have to stand there and physically hold down the lever so that this doesn't happen? I know the gas stations in my area are about half and half as to which ones still have the little things that hold it down and which don't.

fylaus 0

Don't you mean women??? Wow, sexist AND illiterate...

No, I meant "woman", referring to the fact she is a woman. Wow, horrible comprehension and grammar skills on your part. You don't need 3 question marks to ask a question.

Hahaha, I love how you managed to trick fylaus into thinking your stupid, in turn making him/her seem stupid, then prove her stupidity in one final blow by proving your literary skills.

noName123456 0

@26 SimpleSimon: lol, Englishman.. wth is petrolium? Petroleum = crude oil. it's unrefined yet..

letitbe56 0

"Petrol" is what the British say for gas. I personally think we should all adopt the French word. "Oh, I'm almost out of essence, let me go to the essence station!"

Yeah, I confess to having spelled petroleum wrong. However, I know that sentences start with a capital letter, and there are three 'dots' in an ellipsis, if we're going to be pedantic...

yeah, they usually click...but it isn't uncommon for them to malfunction

Awww... that sucks! A few years ago on my birthday I was at the gas station on my way out and my pump malfunctioned and would not turn off. The attendant ended up coming out and when it was pulled out it sprayed everywhere and I got it in my eyes and spent my birthday in the emergency room getting my eyes washed for an hour.... Ruined a brand new dress, and did not get to celebrate my bday.

greenburbon 0

lol. Go figure. The OP is a girl. Maybe even blonde. She cant help it. :p

This wouldn't have happened if she had stayed in the kitchen.

how much you want to bet she would have left the popcorn in the microwave for an extra minute, and the smoke alarm would have summoned the fire department?

aliquot52 0

I worked at a gas station, and once these people got the nozzle going and came in to shop, then were really pissed when it overflowed and they were charged for the gas, they wanted us to reimburse them. Fat chance, it is a FEDERAL OFFENSE to walk away from your car while gas is pumping, this is entirely your own fault.

$50 says you cannot produce the Federal Stature making this a crime. $100 says you cannot find 1 case of prosecution.

must we be anal about typos.. "r" and "t" and right next to each other so it is possible it was a mistake

Really, it's only appropriate to correct spelling when someone else is calling someone else an idiot and misspelling "your" and "you're" and that sort of thing. But go ahead if you want to say something to every comment that has some sort of grammatical error, it'll keep you busy!