Spillage

By haytia22 - 24/07/2009 05:01 - United States

Today, I learned that when your gas nozzle does not automatically stop by itself the way it's supposed to, they will continue to charge your credit card as the gas overflows out of your tank until someone notices and yells, "Turn the gas off!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 343
You deserved it 52 398

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ashole1990 10

that is why you aren't supposed to leave your car unattended while you are pumping gas of course i'm assuming you left it, because i think only an idiot wouldnt notice this that is also a possibility though :]

YDI for not paying attention. You deserve to be charged extra for endangering everyone around you.

Comments

OP: At least you're not as bad as my friend who drove off with the pump still in her gas tank, breaking the damn thing.

AJ872 0

My mom did that once. I've seen the OP's story happen to someone too. A guy for that matter. He was too busy cleaning every last bit of dirt off of the windshield of his precious car to be bothered with paying attention to whether or not the tank was full.

Been there, done that. That's what happens when you're watching the meter instead of the pump. I didn't notice until the gas had soaked through my (favourite) boots. I smelled like an oil rig for the rest of the day. And lost my boots in the deal. *sigh*

Yes because a man would NEVER be stupid enough to do this. Reading the comments I see quite a few stories about men doing this sooo stfu

skullbuster 0

I think it is really nice that so many idio...err, I mean, people, have come out to support the OP here by sharing their own stupidit...err, I mean, experiences.

oooooor you could click the handle so it stops pumping and not see how much gas you can get, I assume you saw that it kept pumping and figured "look free gas" and now your tank over flowed and you realized that it actually charged you for it, YDI

primogen18 0

This may sound stupid, as I have honestly never been to a gas station that hasn't had the automatic stop (lived in PA and IN, driven all over New England, MD, DE, and alot of the midwest), but how do you know when your tank IS full if it doesn't auto-stop aside from starting to overflow? I know how many gallons my tank holds, but if it is a random stop somewhere where I'm not empty I'm not going to know exactly how many gallons I need. This sounds like a shitty situation (she did deserve it for not standing right there), but it would suck to still be standing there and have gas spurting out or something. Just curious.

maybe in colorado they cant pump their own gas. in new jersey were by law not allowed to pump our own gas so the gas pump has to stop on its own cuz the workers are constantly walking between different cars and were allowed to go inside the convenient store if there is one.

daydreambeliever 0

I'm sorry people from NJ cannot type. Figures ;) Anyway, I'm at college up in CO and yeah we pump our own fuel.

wait nj cant type why? because i didnt put in any apostrophes? cuz i know i spelt right. except for the word "cuz"

They call that the "moron tax". Next time, you'll pay attention. Or not.

This happened to me once. in my case, it was an old rundown gas station in the middle of nowhere. since it was so old, i think maybe it didnt have the technology to shut off itself. so i was standing there holding it when all of a sudden the gas overflowed. so maybe this is what happened in this person's situation.