Spillage

By haytia22 - 24/07/2009 05:01 - United States

Today, I learned that when your gas nozzle does not automatically stop by itself the way it's supposed to, they will continue to charge your credit card as the gas overflows out of your tank until someone notices and yells, "Turn the gas off!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 343
You deserved it 52 397

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ashole1990 10

that is why you aren't supposed to leave your car unattended while you are pumping gas of course i'm assuming you left it, because i think only an idiot wouldnt notice this that is also a possibility though :]

YDI for not paying attention. You deserve to be charged extra for endangering everyone around you.

Comments

failmajorsauce 0

Happened to me and it charged over $100 on my card. I had NEVER left my car to go inside the convenience store, and the one time I did it didn't click off. Wrote a letter to the company and they took the charge off! Try it!

that's why i love new jersey... no self-serve gas pumps

flyingpan8 0

and what the **** were you doing all the while? rimming the indian store clerk so he would let you use the vacuum cleaner to clean your car for free?

You guys are idiots. You don't pump your own gas in every state. Where I live (Oregon) the people that work at the gas station do it. If he does live in a state where he doesn't need to pump his own gas how would he know his tank is overflowing from the driver seat of his car?

This is actually a pretty common problem -- so much so that if I recall correctly many states have banned those little lever wedges that keep the thing pumping without your having to squeeze it. You deserve it for actually using that and being so inattentive, but it's definitely a problem in itself that those things are even there to be used in the first place.

i miss having the money to fill up my tank. i live in a tiny town with no freaking jobs. it sucks. all this did was remind me of how poor i am. and i agree with all these comments. watch what your doing at a gas station.. also myth busters did a thing about cell phones at gas stations.. they cant blow anything up.. but the friction from getting in and how of your car can make static electricity which can blow you up.. so if you were in the front seat of your car you are lucky that all that happened was that it overflowed.

I work at a gas station, and we are legally required to stop the gas pump if you walk away from it, for reasons like this. If you weren't filling it up yourself, then the idiot who was filling it up for you should have to pay the extra money, but if you were doing it yourself and walked off, then you are to blame. KEEP YOUR EYE ON YOUR GAS PEOPLE!

iSwaggrite 0

im 14 and i know when to stop the pump

starberries 0

You aren't supposed to be pumping gas if you aren't a licensed driver.

Spunkycowgirl25 0

So what I get out of this is - *Wah, my laziness/negligence/failure to understand basic functions wasted this companies product and I'm going to cry because I have to pay for it.* YDI - welcome to being a adult that has to take responsibility and accept the consequences of their actions.